Scene 10 - Tests and Rescue

SMASH CUT TO:

INT. A.C.O.R.D. TESTING LAB - NIGHT

Establishing shot: Rising camera focusing on Ember on a tilted table.

Ember awakens again, strapped to a metal table with some type of white liquid being pumped into her arm. She is visibly pained and immediately starts struggling.

EMBER

Hey, let me out!

Ember struggles on the tilted table, trying to get out of the painful tests. Her hands start to heat up.

EMBER (CONT'D)

(burning up)

I didn't sign up for this!

She burns her way through the restraints and looks around for Dr. Brecker.

RICHARD CREED, an ugly tall early 40's aged man with burnt scars across his face, comes out of nowhere with several guards and aims a dart gun at Ember.

RICHARD CREED

Hey, sparky! Get back on the table or you'll spark your last flame!

EMBER

(confused)

Where is Dr. Brecker? I want out! You can't hold me here!

Creed shoots the tranq. dart. The dart hits Ember on her left shoulder. Her fires die down instantly.

The area rumbles and then fills with smoke.

RICHARD CREED

What the...

APOLLO, mid-'40s, leader of the ALLIES, breaks through a reinforced door with 5 other SUPERPOWERED HUMANS.

Camera P.O.V. is on Ember's blurry tranquilized vision.

Apollo pushes all enemies against the walls to knock them out.

APOLLO

Alice, make sure they stay down. Blithe, Camdyn, go search through their archives to find others we can save. Alexander, go help her.

BLITHE, 17-year old twin power sister and Brit with an attitude, along with CAMDYN, African-American in his early 20s, run out of the room. ALICE, a young teen with silver hair and clouded eyes, uses some kind of black magic to hold Creed in place.

Alice

You're not going anywhere!

Suddenly, another scientist tackles Alice to the ground. Alice uses Black magic to knock the scientist into the wall.

Richard Creed gets back up and hits an ice super named LORAINE, in her late 20s, African American. across the room. Creed puts up his hands to fight.

RICHARD CREED

I don't go down that fucking easy and you're not leaving here alive.

Creed and Jimerson begin to fight. Creed throws massive punches making holes in walls, etc. but Jimerson dodges them all, predicting every move, and lands weaker punches of his own.

Dazed and confused Ember starts speaking to ALEXANDER MILLER, a 19-year old teen, and healer after he picked her up.

EMBER

(mumbling)

Who are you? What are you doing?

He guides her away from the madness. Alice follows. Ember points weakly at Jimerson.

EMBER

Who's that guy?

Alexander nods towards Jimerson.

ALEXANDER MILLER

He's the guy saving our butts right now.

Ember starts to look towards Jimerson fighting Creed. Creed sees Alexander taking Ember away.

RICHARD CREED

Hey! You're making a huge mistake taking her!

APOLLO

No, you are!

Jimerson throws Creed against the wall in a powerful gravity push and knocks Creed out for enough time to escape.they all regroup outside. Supers that had been waiting outside grab the rescued Supers and lead them away.

APOLLO

Blithe, Camdyn, did you find anything?

BLITHE ALLURA

Yeah, we found some files with info on other people with powers.

APOLLO

Good job, we'll be looking for her—Alexander, get this girl out of here before we are swarmed with more guards. Alice, help me get Laura out of here.

Jimerson and the rest of the supers take two supers being tested on, including Ember.

Apollo

(with sympathy)

Hey, you will be fine. We are going to get you away from this place.

Ember listens, completely out of it, and looks at Jimerson with a Dazed look. Ember passes out.