Scene 12 - Touring the Camp

CUT TO:

EXT. CAMP AREA/FOREST - MORNING

Ember walks out of the cabin. Hannah leaves behind two young supers who are playing with a black bunny and joins Ember.

HANNAH

(jumpy and smiling)

Are you excited for your tour? Because I sure am! I promise you're going to love it here. C'mon, let's go!

Ember and Hannah walk further to the camping area. Super-powered refugees walk pass by them. Most of them greet Hannah, but Ember avoids eye contact with everyone, including Hannah. Hannah points at a large cabin with Picnic benches outside and a metal bar connected to the building, a mini coffee shop.

HANNAH

That right there is the mess hall. That's where we have our daily meals. We also usually have our group meetings for important announcements there. It can sometimes be boring.

Hannah points at another cabin. A slightly decaying building with no windows and a Super with reinforced clothes standing outside.

HANNAH

This is our jail cabin where...well, you get the idea.

Oh! And over there is our training area. We train our powers so that we can have better control of them. You're welcomed to use it! Just make sure to ask Jimerson first.

Hannah expresses a sudden moment of realization.

HANNAH

I almost forgot to talk about Jimerson. He's the one who helped us hide from A.C.O.R.D... He also helped us control our powers and build this camp. He's been very interested in meeting you since you got here. His cabin is close by. Maybe you can see him right now so he can...meet...you...soon...

Hannah slows her speech and stops walking. She notices that Ember hasn't said a word and has been avoiding eye contact with her.

HANNAH

Not very talkative, are you?

Ember is trying to not pay any attention to Hannah.

HANNAH

That's okay, it kinda is a bit overwhelming when you first get here. By the way, what's your name? Or do you want to go by a nickname? Do you want to know my name?

Ember is still not paying attention though she's getting annoyed by Hannah.

HANNAH

My name is Hannah. Hannah Williams.

EMBER

(annoyed)

I really don't care.

Hannah is surprised with the comment Ember made.

HANNAH

Well, it's only nice to tell people your name.

EMBER

I'd rather keep that private. But since your so adamant, my name is Ember.

HANNAH

Sorry that I asked. If there's something bothering you, maybe you can go talk to...

Tiny flames FLICK around Ember's hand out of anger. She quickly sees them and pats hands together.

EMBER

(frustrated)

Can you maybe just hurry this up? I'd rather be alone.

Hannah stops talking and stays quiet to avoid angering Ember. Ember realizes that the little flames have appeared. As soon as she calms down, the flames disappear. Ember and Hannah continue walking to Jimerson's cabin. Hannah KNOCKS on the door.

APOLLO

Who is it?

HANNAH

It's me, Hannah. I brought in our Jane Doe that we found in the A.C.O.R.D. facility. Just in case you wanted to see her.

APOLLO

Let her in.

Hannah steps back at the door. Ember approaches the door to open it.

Hannah walks out in the forest. Ember goes into the cabin.