Scene 11 - Meeting Hannah

FADE TO:

INT. INSIDE CAMP - MORNING

Ember wakes up confused, looks around, and realizes she is in an unfamiliar location. She begins to observe her body to check if anything has happened to her.

There's a light KNOCK at the door.

Ember quickly flips her head, staring intensely at the door. The door creaks open slowly, her hands get sweaty, goosebumps rise on her arms—when suddenly, HANNAH WILLIAMS, a teenage girl of 17 with pink hair and a bubbly spirit, bursts in.

HANNAH

Good Morning!

Hannah quickly walks over to Ember and sits down next to her on the bed. She reaches out and places a hand on her shoulder, Ember recoil. Ember is frightened and stays still.

HANNAH

How nice to meet you! What's your name? How are you? Do you need anything? Are you hungry? The bathroom is that way!

Hannah points to the opposite room from the bed. Ember looks to the pointed direction, still drowsy from barely waking up but still shocked by Hannah's introduction.

HANNAH

I'm sorry, I'll let you go now.

Hannah lets go of Ember, staring at her excitedly.

EMBER

(small, tired voice)

Where am I?

(beat)

How and why am I here?

Ember looks around again, still confused. The room is nicely lit and each bed is labeled with different bed covers. One is labeled Alice, another labeled Bliss. Hannah quickly takes Ember's hand.

HANNAH

Ah well, You don't have to worry about that right now.

Ember notices Hannah's bright, pink hair and...the bubbles rising from it.

Ember pretends to not notice while Hannah quickly shrugs her hair around and her face turns the same color as her hair.

HANNAH

I'm sorry again, you must be scared and I totally understand so I'll stop now.

Hannah scrunches her eyes and furrows her eyebrows and mouth while putting her fist over her heart.

HANNAH

(laughing nervously)

I promise. So...you never told me your name?

Ember silently ignores the question, pretending the floor is far more important than speaking with Hannah. Hannah reaches for Ember's hand again.

HANNAH

(soft voice)

Please? I'll show you around if you come with me. I'm sure you'll be friends with everyone in no time! You can also meet our leader, Apollo! He'll be very happy to meet you.

EMBER

(Monotone)

I'm not really comfortable sharing my personal information.

Hannah's smile flattens, her big blue eyes are very noticeable. Ember lets Hannah bring her up from the bed.

KIRA (O.S.)

Hannah, Hannah! Come quick! Alice just made a BUNNY!

HANNAH

Looks like I'm being called, I'll wait for you outside, 'Kay?

Hannah laughs and exits the cabin, leaving Ember to her thoughts.