Part 26: Vegetable Soup

Ai Nam POV

I drove my car as quick as possible to the address that sent by Oh. Peach didn't say something specific, she just asked me to go to an address. She ensured me that I would find Sun, there.

I didn't ask her anymore, I drove my car. I thought something bad happened to him. At this time, the road was still crowded. My phone map guided me to the destination.

I parked my car, then I locked it. I stop before Rama V bridge, I looked around for Sun. After a moment, I saw Sun was sitting on the stair. P'Pong was standing beside him.

"Sun" I shouted to him.

"Ai Sun", I shouted to him again.

He turned his face toward me. P'Pong smiled, he waved at me.

"Ai Nam" Sun replied for me, with bruised face. I was freezing, I couldn't hold my tears to make my cheeks became wet.

P'Pong clapped his hands, I was startled. I run toward Sun, then I could reached him. That face has been totally bruised, but I still acknowledge it. He smiled again to me, then I hug him tightly. I cried a lot.

The broken Sun, who did that to you?

--*--

I and Peach helped Oh's mom to prepare the dinner. My head was still thinking about Sun. He refused when I drove the car to the hospital. He insisted say that he was okay but sleepy, he wanted to go home soon. Then, we decided to drive the car to Oh's home.

Finally, the dinner had been ready. I, Peach, Oh and his mom sat in dining room. Peach asked Oh to call for Sun, he have been really long in the bathroom.

After a few times, Oh walked to dining room, followed by Sun. I saw him, he tried to smile. But, it was too weak. He wear long pants and white shirt. His face was really bruised, his forehead, his left cheek, his nose and lips.

I hug him when I reached him at the bridge, but I felt that I want to hug him one more time. I was startled when Oh's mom asked us to take the food.

Directly, I prepared a plate with full of rice to Sun. I gave him a big fried fish, he should like it. Every eyes then looked at me, I was blushed. Fortunately, Peach helped to prepare the plate, she turned the awkwardness.

Everything had been ready, then we started to eat. I saw at Sun, I gave fish from my plate to him. "Eat that" I told him.

"Thank you, Ai Nam. You knew that I am starving", he replied.

I smiled, he started to eat. He scoop warm rice, then he ate that quickly. He tried the vegetable soup. "Homemade food is always the best, especially vegetable soup", he said.

Oh's mom looked at him, then she said "Eat well, son. Do you like that soup?"

"Sure, mom. Your food reminds me to my mom", replied Sun. I knew he missed his mom so much. I couldn't feed the food to my mouth, I had to hold my tears from coming out.

"One of my friend said that friend's Mae is also a Mae" Sun told us, I didn't dare to look at his face. But, he proceeded "This night, I missed my mom so much. So, for only this night, can I call you Mae?"

I couldn't hold my tears out from my eyes. I realized that the same thing happened to Peach. I heard a chair was moved, Oh's mom stood up and said "Come here".

Then, Sun walked slowly toward her. She hug Sun tightly, they cried together. I saw at Oh, he picked a tissue to sweep his eyes.

So far, I know that the worst part of dining room was arguing. But, I had to refresh my mind. The worst part of dining room should be tears.