Chapter IV

BY THE TIME SUNDAY ROLLED AROUND THE NEXT WEEK, IT SEEMED EVERYTHING was back to normal.

Peter finally returned to classes and it wasn't until Sophia saw that smile again that she realized how much she'd miss it in the first place. Harry's bruises were finally gone and Lottie was still as Type A as ever. So Sophia was glad when they'd been partnered up on a Chemistry project which they finished just yesterday, so she was able to spend her Sunday on the couch with Idris watching terrible horror movies on Netflix.

Right now, they were placing bets on if a ditsy side character was going to die in the next scene.

"No way she makes it back to the group. She ran upstairs for god's sake! Who does that?"

"No, dude, watch. She's gonna find some sort of secret information about the killer that's going to be a massive plot point going forward and she's going to just barely make it out alive, but she'll get back to them," Idris stated matter-of-factly, chewing lazily on his popcorn.

"Whatever."

"Bet."

"On what?"

Idris grinned. "If I'm right, you have to go get a nice, large pizza from Joey's down the street. If you're right, I'll go."

"Okay, but you have to be exactly right. It's gotta be exactly what you just said," she said, turning back to the movie.

Turns out, it was exactly how Idris said it would be.

"You've watched this, haven't you?" she accused.

"No, I'm just obsessed with horror movies and how predictable these low grade, regurgitated plots can be." He grinned. "Now I want a large, extra cheese marinara with—"

"Don't you say it."

"—Pineapple."

The thought made her nearly gag.