Chapter V

THE SPIDER-MAN WAS ALL ANYBODY COULD TALK ABOUT.

Weeks passed since Sophia's own run-in with the masked hero—hero because that's what he'd become for all of Queens. Be it robberies, muggings, or cats stuck in trees, Spider-Man was there for the neighborhood. Though now whenever Harry or Lottie shoved a video of the hero in her face, all she could do was wallow in embarrassment over running away at the sight of him.

Lottie's mouth hung open when Sophia admitted that little fact to her.

"The Spider-Man saved you?!"

"Hey, okay, I was doing pretty good on my own with that mugging, thanks. But yes . . . he certainly kept me from being punched in the face."

"Why haven't you said anything til now?" she practically screamed in the lunch line, forcing my elbow into her ribs.

"Because I literally ran away! There's nothing to tell. He was there for all of five seconds before I sprinted all the way home."

"Have you told Harry yet?"

"Told Harry what?" The tall playboy asked as they collected their trays, heading towards the cafeteria.

"Sophia met SPIDER-MAN!"

Heads all across the cafeteria turned to look at the trio, her face burning at the sudden attention.

"Lottie."

"Sorry." She turned to Harry. "She ran away from him though."

"Ouch."

"Okay, you watch a guy jump from a skyscraper in a onesie and let's see what your first reaction is!"

"Did you really meet the Spider-Man?!"

Turning, the voice belonged to a wide-eyed Ned, sitting at a table with Peter and MJ scooted off to the farthest corner. Harry grinned and took a seat across from MJ, Lottie next to Ned, and Sophia ending up across from Peter.