Chapter XXI

DECEMBER

DECEMBER

☽ ☽ ☽

JANUARY

  ☽ ☽  ☽

FEBRUARY

☽  ☽  ☽

MARCH

"LOTTIE, PLEASE STOP TUGGING AT MY HAIR."

Sophia scrunched her face in the vanity mirror, watching Lottie's concentration only increase as she tightened the braid that had already taken her twenty minutes to finish. "Come on, we're going to be late for school."

"Yeah, fashionably late and you're going to thank me once everyone basks in the glow of how cute you are with a french braid."

"LADIES!" Harry yelled from Lottie's living room, clearly mid-chew into some sort of breakfast. "Can we make believe that Captain America is standing outside the door so that you guys finally get your asses out here?"

"Oh captain, my captain!" Lottie cooed, earning a scoff from Harry. "Quit your whining, we're coming out now."

Sophia flipped her long braid, admitting to herself that it was pretty cute as she grabbed her backpack and joined Harry and Lottie in the living room. Lottie's arms slinked through her own and Harry's, going on about how they needed to do more extracurricular activities at school to add to their college resumes--like joining the homecoming committee or decathlon team.

Sophia zoned out by the time they reached Harry's car, climbing in and moving through the streets towards Midtown. A smile pulled at the corners of Sophia's lips and she closed her eyes, listening to the loving bickering between her friends and the feel of the wind against her face.