Chapter VI

IS THIS A DATE?

Ever since her flirty interaction with Peter, she had been freaking out about meeting him later. For what? For sandwiches? Peter just wanted to hang out. He wasn't going to take her seriously about the whole "date" thing she'd gone and said without thinking.

Even now, sitting in the public library, there was almost no progress on her assignment as that sweet smile and stutter interrupted all focus. At one point, she decided enough was enough and packed up her things, almost forgetting that Flash hadn't shown up almost an hour after his scheduled time, and strolled towards the entrance of the library, surprised by the downpour of rain coming down.

Getting out her phone, a smile pulled at her lips as she began typing out a message.

Hey Pete! I'm done with everything so want to meet me at the library?

After a minute, she got a ding back.

Sound perfect! Be there soon.

So Sophia waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Until the sun finally began to set beyond the gray horizon and she realized that Peter Parker wasn't coming.

No texts. No missed calls. Sophia triple checked just to make sure before shoving her phone in her jacket pocket and pulling up the hood of her jacket, hiding her teary eyes from the rest of Queens as she jogged through the rain.