Chapter XXVIII

PETER HAD ONLY BEEN BACK IN NEW YORK FOR TWELVE HOURS, was sleep-deprived after that insane battle in Germany, barely eaten anything aside from a pack of peanuts, and felt like he could live in bed for about a month

So the last thing he was prepared to face when he walked onto campus was a red-faced Lottie Gray charging towards him like she was about to bury him ten feet under.

"PARKER!"

Oh shit.

Peter quickly told Ned he'd meet him in class, closing his locker door just as Lottie and Harry raced towards him, the look in the small girl's eyes nearly making him wet himself. "Y-Yes?"

"Come with us now." Just as she said it, the duo turned, already walking down the hall.

"W-Wait, I've got chem right now and--"

"Now means NOW, Parker!"

"Yes ma'am!"

Peter hightailed it behind the duo, head spinning as he tried piecing together what they might want, stopping once they reached Harry's car.

"Wait--wait, we're leaving school?"

"Yes, it's an emergency," Lottie answered, already getting into the passenger seat.

"What kind of emergency? I can't just leave school, I've already missed a few days."

"Get in the car NOW, Peter!" Lottie yelled, her voice cracking, and Peter could see that there were tears in her eyes. "We will explain on the way over, but I need you to come with us."

Peter hadn't seen Lottie cry since the first grade when Flash pulled her pigtails on her first day of school. Just before Sophia interveined and the two became lifelong friends. So Peter chucked his backpack into the backseat and climbed inside, Harry gunning the engine and shooting off down the road.