Chapter XXVII

"I SWEAR IF I DON'T HEAR FROM YOU AS SOON AS YOU LAND IN SIBERIA, I'm going to get on the next flight and kill you

"I SWEAR IF I DON'T HEAR FROM YOU AS SOON AS YOU LAND IN SIBERIA, I'm going to get on the next flight and kill you."

Sophia tried smiling at Lottie's threat as she clutched onto her backpack. All that was inside was a change of clothes and her suit--hoping so badly that she would be back here in the next few days. But while riding to the airport in Harry's car, she couldn't admit to herself the sinking feeling she felt in the pit of her stomach.

"Okay, so I've already got a rental car and room set up for you once you get there," Harry started, interrupting Lottie's rant. "When you land, give us a call on your phone. But I'll only be able to keep tabs on you while you're wearing the suit now that Lottie added the tracker inside."

"You added a tracker?"

"Yes, while you were sleeping. Did you think I would let you go to another country and not have some way to find out where you are? I doubt you'll have your snapchat location on."

"Thanks, Lott."

"I also added thermal padding. It's cold enough for penguins to hang out there, so I got you a coat and boots in the trunk to wear once you land."

There would never be a way for her to repay her friends. They really were beside her through everything. Unlike some . . .

Sophia tried to ignore the sharp stab in her chest as she held the bag closer. "So as soon as night falls, I'll go out as Prayer and you'll lead me there?" she asked Harry, trying to distract herself.

"Yep. You'll have to use the car once your flight lands tomorrow night. Her signal is coming from about an hour drive outside of the town. But once you get there, keep your com on and I'll tell you where to go."

The plan seemed solid enough. Almost a little too easy. But she knew she couldn't underestimate Greta. And though she hadn't admitted it aloud to her friends, she was terrified of seeing the woman again. Because she knew the second she did, Sophia would be thrown back into memories of needles and scars and pain. If she even let her guard down for a second . . . that could easily become her life again. With no Spider-man to help her this time.