Chapter XI

"SOPHIA, HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO LOOK FOR SOMETHING when you aren't telling me what that something is?"

Pacing around her own room, Sophia was this close to pulling out her hair. Telling Lottie to search for any links Oscorp may have to the Green Goblin was proving to be impossible without revealing some very secret-I've-been-keeping-from-you-since-we-were-kids details.

"Sophia, you're acting really weird. Tell me what's up."

Looking over at Lottie sitting on her bed, she couldn't stop herself from staring at her friend's wrapped fingers and bandaged wounds—suddenly so so grateful that her friend was here at all. Before Harry had been strolled into his hospital room for treatment, Sophia had reached out when no one was around and healed any internal injuries, though she'd wanted to do so much more.

All her life she'd wanted to tell them about her powers. Peter may have been the first, but Harry and Lottie became a daily struggle for some many years now. It was only the words of her father telling her that the more people who knew, the more danger her loved ones would be in that kept her from doing so.

But would they really be in danger if she was there to protect them?

"Lottie," she said, wringing her hands together. "I'm going to tell you something right now that's been something only my family has known about for years. I've never been more serious about anything when I say that you can't tell anyone else what I'm about to tell you."

"Not even Harry?"

"The less who know, the better. Though Harry might find out eventually."

At that declaration, Lottie was at full attention, eyes wide as she patiently waited. "I won't tell."

How did you even begin to reveal something that was a secret your whole life? The pounding heart in her chest felt harsh enough to make her pass out, so before that could happen, she just—said it.