Chapter XXV

"ARE YOU READY FOR THIS, SOPHIA?"

Not at all.

The trio had been staring at the screens for over an hour now, the blinking words looking back at Sophia twiddling her thumbs. She kept trying to reach a mental place where she would be prepared for what they were about to discover . . . but she was beginning to realize that nothing would prepare her for this.

There was no more running. She had to grab this by the throat if she wanted her powers back. If she wanted to save her dad.

"I'm ready."

After some clicks, the files of every Oscorp member assigned to the New York City district filled the screens. After some scrolling through identification photos, the icon stilled over one in particular, Harry clicking on it.

Instantly, her face was staring back at the three.

"Her name is Greta Krause," Harry read from her files. "Hired at Oscorp in 1999 as a specialist in biochemistry, geology and . . . military science? She was working with the US navy before being stationed in Maine for some time. But she got her degrees somewhere overseas. Everything else here seems relatively . . . normal."

Greta. It didn't seem . . .  monstrous enough.

"How do we find her?" Lottie asked.

With a smile on his face, Harry typed on the keyboard, the computer reacting by scanning the image of her face. Everything began moving around as security footage, traffic cameras, and posted videos online began zooming in closely on Greta's face.

"Are these cameras all across the city?"

"I might have done something really illegal. Don't tell Spider-man, I know he's your friend."

The last video that pulled up was security footage at the airport, Greta stepping up to check-in with a flight attendant. Harry paused the video, typing in keys to zoom in on the image, clarifying it to where they could read the flight listed above.