020

It was the night of the masquerade, the night air was perfect. A gentle breeze blowing the leaves gently in the trees.Bright lights flickered from the clubhouse on the Ashford Academy school grounds. Lovely hues of red,blue and even a soft pin faded back and fourth in the clubhouse. Already from afar Lucia could see many of her fellow classmates,most of them girls dressed in beautiful elegant dresses. Along with simple masks to hide their identities. Many girls giggled happily as their dates came to them. Asking for their hands to lead them to the party. As the girls eagerly followed the men inside. Lucia sighed lightly to herself from inside her limo biting her bottom lip.Out of all the things she had completely forgotten one of the most important things. She had come to this party all dressed up yet she didn't have a date.How could she have forgotten something so important. Lucia sighed as her limo driver opened the door for her,with his hand extended for hers.She smiled faintly as she took the man's hand as she stepped out of the vehicle."Enjoy your night Your Highness."The man told her as Lucia smiled as she curtsied towards him nodding"Of course,good night then." She said as she quietly made her way to the clubhouse while inside at least two hundred students stood around enjoying fancy finger foods and dancing across the newly shined marble floor. Lovely chandlers hung from the ceiling above with their lovely light glittering against the chandelier crystal. As soon as Lucia stepped into the room all eyes were on her.She wasnt exactly uncomfortable with it she would jsut refer that they would carry on with their previous business. Lucia now wore a long flowing floor length silk chiffon dress with a lovely strapless and sweetheart neckline with a delicatly beaded bodice.The color of the dress matched the very sky a lovely midnight hue. Euphemia had picked the dress along with her midnight colored strapped heels and even did her hair.Euphie was very careful with the way she styled Lucia's hair.Along with dying her once silver hair a gentle raven hue. Her hair was then tied up by a single dark blue comb into a carefully crafter bun,allowing a few strands of hair to fall in her face.

Lucia smiled lightly as she fixed her bejeweled masquerade mask on her face while making her way to Milly who was dressed in a thigh length crimson colored dress which was strapless as well. She wore a crimson mask to match as well and smiled when she spotted Lucia. "Welcome to the party!" She greeted as Lucia smiled towards her friend"Thank you I really appreciate it. This is really an amazing sight."She commented as Milly smiled as she giggled"Thank you but it was really nothing at all."She informed as Lucia smiled once more as she watched the students dance gracefully across the dancefloor sighing to herself. She envied them quiet abit,their happiness.Their ability to just live out their lives without any dire concequences.Without any chains to bind them.While she...was a chained victim to this world. Lucia quietly leaned agaisnt the wall continuing to watch the people around her dance to their hearts content. She sighed once more before noticing a long slender hand outstretched towards her.Lucia's eyes widened as she looked up to see the source of the hand revealing a tall man in a handsome black suit,and he wore a pure black mask. Yet even though the man wore a mask she immediatly recognized the soft yet bold lavender eyes that stared towards her.

"May i have this dance?"The man requested as Lucia smiled towards him before gently placing her hand in his strong grip. "My you are quite bold,asking for my company."Lucia commented as the man smirked towards her. "Well of course,how could i leave you alone by yourself Lucy."The man whispered into her ear as Lucia couldnt help but to smile. "Lelouch,you always did have a way with words."She told him with a warm smile as Lelouch gently led Lucia onto the dancefloor. Where he carefully wrapped one arm around her waist while the other held Lucia's hand in his own. Slowly he began to lead Lucia across the dancefloor surprising Lucia herself. She wasnt aware that Lelouch was such a good dancer,when they were children he hated dancing. Even when Lucia would beg him to dance with her he would always shy away. But now the little Lelouch was no longer. He was now a man,a man that made Lucia's very heart tremble in utter joy. To be close to him,to be touched by him was enough to for her breathe to be caught in her throat. He was handsome even though his face was covered by a mask he was indeed a handsome man.Lucia smiled as she was then twirled around by Lelouch while gently brought back into his arms. She blushed brightly as their eyes made contact,and they both refused to break it. "Intimate isnt it?Be held by another man?"He whispered to her as Lucia regained her composure as she cleared her throat. "Dont be stupid,your dillusional."Lucia mumbled as Lelouch continued to lead her gracefully across the dancefloor.

"Oh am I? Right now as we speak you have allowed your guard to be dropped around me. You are comfortable around me and overall at this moment you are a simple woman. Bound to no one." Lelouch stated causing Lucia's heart to skip a beat. It was true around him,around Lelouch she easily forgot her old life. The fact that she was bound to Schneizel,everything seemed to melt away whenever the two would meet. She smiled towards Lelouch as she replied"Your right,before you said anything I had completly forgotten about the chains that bind me." She said as Lelouch gently pressed Lucia's body against his as her heart began to pound loudly in her chest. "Right now in this moment,you are more of yourself than you ever have been. With me you can be free."He whispered to her as he slowly laced their fingers together as the two continued to dance. Lelouch's words replayed over and over in her mind. He was right,right now in this moment while  their bodies were pressed against eachother. She never felt more alive,more free in her life. Everything he had said till this point in time were all correct. About herself,about her feelings. Everything. Right now the only thing Lucia could think of was Lelouch's touch. Anything else seemed to fade off into the bacground.

"Your right, about everything. I feel free when i am around you. I always have been,as long as I was with you." Lucia answered him truthfully as Lelouch smiled down towards her,his beautiful Princess. "Even now,the only thing I want is to...is to be with you! Its selfish I know but I-I cant help it.."Lucia muttered as Lelouch smiled towards her"Its alright to be selfish once in your life.After all even I at this moment am being selfish,with my feelings for you." Lelouch whispered to Lucia as she gasped lightly at his words. He was being selfish?Lelouch off all people was being selfish?And over what?With her? Lucia smiled at his words before looing up towards the tall man before her."You being selfish? Well thats a riot,you never were the selfish type Lulu."She commented as Lelouch twirled her around once more,his eyes holding a serious expression as he answered her."Only when it comes to you. Lucia."He stated making Lucia tremble to the very core,she knew he had feelings for her but nothing...nothing so strong that it would make Lelouch lose his cool. Tears of happiness rolled down her cheeks as Lelouch gently wiped away her tears as he spoke to her in a tender tone. 

"There is no reason for you to shed anymore tears. I will be with you.I will protect you. For all my days,as a man." Lelouch told her truthfully as Lucia smiled lightly through her tears. She wanted to believe it. She wanted to believe that Lelouch would protect her with all his might. It was one of the few things she wanted in life. Lucia nodded towards him as she whispered"Thats all i've ever wanted Lelouch."She whispered to him as Lelouch gently caressed her cheek once more causing her smile to widen. "Then you shall have it my Princess."He told her before sweetly pressing his lips against Lucia's who did not object to him.She welcomed him as she felt herself melt into the kiss as pure bliss seemed to swell inside her. She was happy,she was happy with him. And above all she was free.