038

The next week was filled of many events. But few events rivaled the announcement of Lucia's wedding. To push her even more Schneizel had announced that he was speeding up the wedding and that the two would be married in the next month. Of course this angered Lucia and scared her. She had hoped she had enough time,enough time for Lelouch to come into action. But slowly her hope was diminishing. Already she had attended meetings for the arranged marriage which she tried her best to tune out. The dress,the reception everything were only reminders that she did not belong to herself. She belonged to Britannia. But that was not the only thing that had occurred. It appeared that Euphemia had declared the creation of the "Special Administrated Zone of Japan". A place where Elevens, no Japanese could regain their names,and freedom.

Already the Japanese people began to rally and chose sides. One whether to join the Special Zone or two Join Zero their saivor. Even the ghettos were divided and they had every right to be. The people saw hope on the horizon and wanted to grasp it. But was it really hope or was it a lie? Even so Princess Euphemia,one of Lucia's one and only friends had proposed the zone. Of course Lucia would stand beside her dear friend. Lucia truly believed that the zone was a great idea and would change the world for the Japanese and maybe even herself.

It appeared that her current situation with Schneizel had even reached the level of concern for her trusted maid Ayumi. She now stood before Lucia. Her head bowed as she pleaded" Please My Lady,be selfish for once in your life. Put yourself and your safety in front of your nation."She begged as Lucia stared down towards the now nearly sobbing Ayumi. She had no idea that she wasn't just causing herself pain but a close maybe even friend as well and she didnt want that. "I can't you know I can't. I have a duty to deliver my people from repression." Lucia answered as Ayumi shook her head and out of frustration yelled"How do you know you will even survive that long?!"She cried.

And she was right,lately the beatings had gotten worst. So bad that Lucia many times didnt believe she would survive them. They were random bursts of anger and just like an abuser he would apologize to her in the end. It was one of the many things that confused her about Schneizel. She hated him that much was odvious, but when he would finish hurting her apologizing to her made her mind numb. She sighed towards Ayumi as she patted her head."I thank you for your concern Ayumi but,I know the risks. And I will deal with them."She said as Ayumi shook her head once more. "But you can escape this! The Zone, the zone for Japan! You could enroll in it along with Kai and you could be free!" Ayumi informed her.

Lucia had never thought once about the Special Zone. It was strictly for Japanese only so it wasnt really an option for herself. It was an option for Kai though. Lucia knew that the environment was not good for Kai and that allowing an innocent child to stay in such a place would only damage him in the future. And to stop that she was willing to give him to someone in the zone. A family member who would care for Kai in her absence. She would miss him more than anything but Lucia knew it was her only option. It was Kai's escape but she never thought that it maybe her own.

It was true that Lelouch or now Zero had promised that he would free her from her repression. But what if Ayumi was right? What if she didn't live long enough to be saved by him? Maybe it was time she saved herself and be abit selfish for once in her life. "Your right." Lucia told Ayumi who struggled to stop her tears."W-what?"She asked through her tears as Lucia took a deep breathe before speaking.

"Tomorrow when the Special Zone opens myself and Kai will dissapear from sight. We will live as Japanese and we will be free. I would hope the people of Fante would understand my reasons for fleeing." Lucia said as Ayumi smiled as she sobbed happily thanking Lucia. Thanking her for being selfish for once and actually thinking about herself. Lucia nodded towards the distraught woman trying her best to calm her. Though in the back of her mind Lucia was panicking herself. She was going against her promise to her people and her promise to Lelouch that she would wait. But she prayef that they both would understand her reasoning.