040

Lucia immediately stood from her seat completely taken back at Euphemia's words. Along with one of Princess Cornelia's knights Dalton. A Royal Knight who had been placed at this event as a precaution to keep Euphemia safe. But at the moment even he was in danger. "Um,I was hoping you all would commit suicide but I guess you can't can you? Well then soldiers kill them all." Euphemia said with her innocent smile still plastered on her face.

"Princess! What are you saying?" Dalton shouted while ordering the cameras off as Euphemia was grabbed by him roughly. As he tried to shake some kind of sense into her,but was stopped as a Euphemia quietly fired the gun she was holding. Lodging a single bullet into Dalton's stomach. He winced in pain before stumbling to his knees,applying pressure on the wound as a crimson liquid began to seep through his clothes. "Forgive me General but I must kill all the Japanese." Euphemia apologized with a smile before ordering the soldiers once more to attack. As if a bomb was set off in the sea of people the Japanese hurrided to the exits screaming to be saved. But were imemdiyarly silenced by the cruelty of the soldiers. Whether it came in the shape of bullets or knightmare frames. One after one each scream began to fall silent.

Quickly Lucia ordered the few soldiers that were loyal to her to save as many Japanese as possible. But even they were against it,many of them were firm about protecting Lucia herself. And this angered her. Innocent people were being slaughtered and no one was doing a thing. That is until she saw Zero emerge from the building and board his knightmare. What had he done to Euphie? He wouldn't be so reckless,so desperate that he would use his geass on her would he?

Could Zero,no could Lelouch really be so cold? Lucia shook the thoughts from her head as she ran off the stage in search for Kai. Wherever Ayumi and Hiro were surely Kai would be with them. And safe,oh how she prayed he would be unharmed. Carefully Lucia stepped over the many mangled bodies of the Japanese people. Age has no effect on the Britannian soldiers,if they had any. Women,children all were cut down as if they were nothing but insects. And yet here were the Black Knights trying their best to salvage what was left of their people.

The smell of the already rotting flesh was terrible. Lucia held her breathe to avoid losing her lunch,but her heart ached for these people. All they wanted was freedom and this was what they got in return. Lies and early deaths. It was sinful. The way the Britannians treated the Japanese like trash,and one day planned to change that. But right now the safety of Kai and the others were her top priority. She heard the shouts of her loyal soldiers pleading for her to return to their sides,but she would not. The only thing she wanted to do and needed to do was find Kai.

Lucia ran from one side of the stadium to another before seeing a gigantic hole in the dome wall where no doubt the knightmares had created to snuff out the Japanese in the area. Quickly Lucia made her way out of the dome seeing just as much death and despair in the area around her. The cries of the people were like sharp knives being dug into her skin. They were truly torturous. Soon Lucia came across the familer figure of Ayumi who was hiding behind a large apartment building,gripping onto the frightened Kai who dug his face into her chest.

Ayumi bit her bottom lip as her husband Hiro ushered the two to another hiding place only to be greeted by a Britannian Knightmare frame pilot. Lucia's eyes widened as she ran to the group praying that she would make it in time but was sileneced as a shower of bullets rained down on Ayumi and Hiro. Hiro quickly pushed Kai out of the range of the bullets while holding onto Ayumi's body now riddled with bullets and blood. Not a single place on her body was spared by the pelting bullets.

She gasped in pain before staring up to her husband who silently shed tears for her. While carefully cradling her body in his arms. He knew that his wife did not have much time left and wished he could go with her to the next world. Little did her know he was about to get his wish as another bullet shower rained down on the couple silencing the breathing of the two lovers. Lucia covered her mouth and shed tears for her friends.

In the end they had sacrificed themselves for Kai's safety. They truly were her friends till the end and Lucia would never forget that. Lucia gathered her courage as she ran to Kai screaming his name as immediately the towering Knightmare frame locked on them. Kai cried as he reached his mother's arms who held him protectively to his chest. "Okasan!" Kai cried as Lucia shushed him quietly,trying her best to soothe the sobbing child with the knightmare frames gun aimed at them.

She felt in the pit of her stomach that today would be the last time that she or Kai would ever see eachother again. Lucia gently leaned down kissing the sweet boy on top of his head before whispering words of love and kindness to him. But before she could finish the knightmare before them was attacked and erupted in flames. Lucia shieled Kai from the impact before looking to see her saivor was none other than Zero.

Zero had now stepped out of his knightmare frame,and lowered himself to the ground with a pulley. He then pointed towards the enemy knightmare as the pilot of his own dismembered the knightmare leaving only an empty husk. But from the husk the blood covered form of Euphemia emerged who searched for a gun on the ground. "They have to die,all these Japanese have to die." She recited to herself as she soon found a gun aiming it towards Lucia.

"Your just as bad as them,those filthy Elevens. I have to kill you now." Euphemia said with a creepy smile as Lucia's eyes widened. "Lucia!" Zero screamed as he ran towards both Lucia and Kai. But was stopped by the bullets thay had now enlodged themselves into Kai's small form. He gasped in pain as the crimson liquid seeped through his clothing before he fell backwards into Lucia's arms. Lucia's body trembled violently as she carefully brought Kai to her chest gritting her teeth. She felt all the pain,and loneliness of losing Kai het like a ton of bricks.

Lucia choked back tears feeling Kai's once warm body slowly turn icy cold in her arms. She called his name begging for him to fight,to fight and stay with her. But his once beautiful emerald eyes full of life slowly became a dull hue. She was losing him. Kai struggled with his words before breathing"Okasan....did I...do something bad?"He asked his mother who's teats flower freely down her cheeks. Lucia shook her head towards the sweet boy before struggling to answer."N-No,you were...a very very good boy." "T-Then why did....A-Auntie Euphie-" Kai began before coughing violently as blood laced his pale lips.

With all her strength Lucia struggled not to break down in front of him. She gently ran her fingers through his hair soothingly like she always did,trying her best to soothe him. And it was working,as Kai closed his eyes briefly sighing happily. "I don't know why but...you did nothing wrong." She breathed. "Then....can I hear a story Okasan...about the little Prince?" Kai requested as Lucia quickly nodded,wanting to give him anything and everything he wanted. She only wished she had more time.

"Long ago,there was a little boy who was a slave to an evil noblemen. Even in all his pain the boy held no ill will towards the man and even prayed that his owner would find happiness. The boy never cared about his own wellbeing until one day in town,he was being heavily beaten by his owner and the young and beautiful daughter of the lands Empress appeared. She felt sorry for the child and freed him from his shackles and soon was adopted by the kindhearted Princess...the little Prince had all he ever wanted u-until-" Lucia began struggling with the rest of her words.

"Until the Princess fell ill,and died of plague leaving the little Prince. He grew up and became a gentle ruler always remembering the kindness of the Princess who took him in." Lucia breathed as Kai smiled weakly before whispering"Okasan I'm...I'm sleepy."Causing Lucia to burst into tears she knew it wouldn't be long until Kai was out of her reach. "I-its alright,mommy is right here. I'm right...I'm right here." She cried gripping onto Kai's small cold hand in her own.

"I know Oka-" Kai began before drifting off into an eternal sleep. Lucia's eyes wide ed as she cradled Kai's body in her arms muttering words that could not be decifered as tears continued to roll down her cheeks. Her light,the one person that never lied to her. The one person she loved like a son and gave her hope in the darkness was now gone. Along with a part of Lucia's own heart. Unable to hold it back Lucia released a loud ear drum shattering scream in utter pain and loneliness into the air.