Green Eyes

The Following Week...

It was finally over! Exams were finished and summer vacation was starting. Estella was energized with the current freedom of not having classes until August. She was hoping to be able to spend more time with everyone now that she wasn't so preoccupied with school work. Making her way out of the building where her classes were held, she skipped off to her car. It was still early, and she wasn't sure what to do. Stephen had to meet up with some of the other guys to work on new security measures and Carolina and the rest of the family went back to Italy. Estella missed having her around. It sure was lively. Carolina did promise to fly back for a couple of weeks towards the end of the summer before her classes started back up. Starting up the engine to her VW Bug and dropping the convertible so the wind could whip around her, she pulled out her phone. She knew Gabriel was working, but she wanted to tell him the good news of her passing all her exams with flying colors.

'Wonderful job, mia cara. I will be back at the house tonight as well. We can celebrate.' He sent back almost immediately.

Letting out a giddy squeal she turned up the volume on her radio, blasting Ozzy Osborne 'Bark at the Moon'. Getting on a busy street she couldn't wait to get home. She wanted to see Gabriel. Running a hand through her hair she got behind traffic. It was always a pain in the ass to get out of the campus this time of day. Everyone was excited to start their summer vacations.

Finally arriving home Estella saw a sleek black Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4. Estella's brows furrowed. Her dad didn't have anything like that. He usually went for SUVs and her mother didn't drive. Stephen drove a Lexus. Parking in her favorite spot she grabbed her backpack and headed inside. She was greeted by one of the maids carrying a tray of assorted finger foods, "Ali, who's car is that out front?" Estella kicked off her shoes as she entered the foyer.

Ali blinked and smiled happily when she saw Estella, "Afternoon, Stella!" Estella treated everyone with respect and thus she got it back, but she didn't like formalities, so everyone was relaxed with her. Plus, a lot of these people had worked for her family for years. She considered them family. "It's Mr. Assanti's car. He just arrived not long ago. Your father and him are sitting in the parlor room chatting." She knew about the arranged marriage. Word got around fast.

Estella felt her heart leap into her chest, "Awesome! Thanks, Ali!" she hugged her and took the tray, "I'll take these to them!" Not giving Ali a chance to object before she rushed off. She wasn't sure why she was so excited to see him, but there was just something that made her yearn to be near him. Taking a few deep breaths to steady her nerves she entered the room, "Hi daddy!!" Estella gave a dazzling smile as she set the tray down and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I passed all my exams!"

Antony gave a hearty laugh and smirked, "That's my girl. Very proud of you, Zucca." Pumpkin. He grabbed one of the small triangular sandwiches, then pat the spot beside him for Estella to sit down. "Gabriel just told me you were really excited about it. We are going to celebrate tonight!"

Instead of sitting beside her father, she pulled out her phone, bringing up pictures of the hotel she found in Rome, "So this is the Hotel I found for us to stay at for our honeymoon..." she sat beside Gabriel, who inched his way closer to her to see the pictures. She didn't notice at first, or the fact that her father became uncomfortable when she said the word honeymoon.

Antony knew what happened during the honeymoon, and the last thing he wanted to think of was his daughter, his only child, having sex. And her being so close to Gabriel now made him a little uneasy, but only because he was a protective father. He knew Gabe was the perfect man for her, and to take over his company and business if anything ever happened to him. Gabriel was a born leader and knew the trade perfectly. George had raised him well, groomed him and perfected his skills. Antony was proud to have him for a future son-in-law.