The Birthday Massacre *New Version*

December 5th...

Estella pulled the cake pans out of the oven and set them on the cooling racks before going back to mixing up the icing. Today was Gabriel's birthday and Estella had planned a surprise party for him. The past week had been stressful. Gabriel's harsh words towards her the week before still stung hard. Staring at the bowl of icing she paused. Why was she even bothering with this if he didn't even care? Looking over at the box that was neatly wrapped she pondered what he would say when he finally opened it. Regardless, her parents wanted to have a party for him next week when they came back from their mini vacation with Gabriel's parents to their winter getaway. She still wanted them to think she was a happily newly wedded wife. No one had any idea that he was not speaking to her, sleeping in bed with her, or anything for that matter. She couldn't allow her family to think that they had made a mistake. It had been...but she had to think of her father's company. He had invested so much into it. So many people relied on the testing they did for upcoming medications. She would sacrifice her happiness in the end. The idea hurt, but she couldn't let others suffer. At this point she was doing it for her family.

Once the icing was ready, Estella iced the cake and set it on the cute display she had gotten for a wedding gift. Admiring her work, she washed up the rest of the kitchen and went to get dressed. She was going to go to Gabe's office and bring him his birthday gift. The last few days had been hectic and she wasn't sure when he was ever coming home anymore. Her body yearned for him, missed his touch.

Slipping on her favorite pair of jeans and a black long-sleeved shirt, Estella grabbed the keys to her Bug and her winter coat then set out. The snow was falling in a wintery wonderland type scene around the city, Estella loved the winter. Luckily, it hadn't started sticking to the roads. Making her way towards the hospital, Estella sung along to The Birthday Massacre. Glancing over at the green and red box. Her heart pounded. This was her game changer. Her hopeful mind clung to the last little bit of hope she still had.

Pulling up into the employee parking, Estella clutched her jacket tighter and held the box as she got out of her Bug. Perks of working at the hospital, she knew where his office was. Smiling at a few of the nurses and doctors she knew she made her way up to Gabriel's office.

Gabriel Assanti M.D.

Internal Medicine

Estella stared at the shut door for a long moment as she steeled herself to face her husband. She was stronger than this. Why was she so scared to talk to him? After all they shared together back in Italy. Taking a deep breath she gave a soft knock on the door before opening it, not bother waiting for a reply, she heard talking inside. "Gabe?" Estella called out softly as she stuck her head in, seeing a gorgeous brunette woman on his lap, just a lacy red demi bra and her skirt hiked up over her curvy hips, showing a matching red lace thong.; his arms around her in a sensual manner. Much like the way he held her during their honeymoon. Her eyes widened in shock.

"Who's that?" The woman asked in a breathy voice, slightly annoyed she was interrupted from getting laid.

"Nobody." Gabriel said giving Estella a blank look. The woman snickered and pressed herself against him more, letting out a soft moan.

Nobody. She was a nobody to him. Every ounce of hope she had was shattered in that moment.

"You...you bastard." Estella's eyes went dark, a scowl crossed her lips. "How could you!" She all but screamed, stepping forward a bit.

The woman in his lap gave a confused look and then smirked, "Sorry honey, I beat you to him." Clearly this woman had no idea who Estella actually was. She was about to find out.

"Get the fuck out of here." He growled, narrowing his eyes at Estella.

Anger welled up inside of her, anger she had never felt before. Taking the box that she had worked so hard to pick out and pack neatly, she chucked it hard at them box. The box was thick and hard. It hit the half naked woman square in the face, before sliding under a table behind the desk.

"YOU BITCH!" she shrieked before jumping off Gabriel's lap and charging at Estella who, of course, was trained in combat by her father. This was the first time she had ever used any sort of force against anyone. Arching her fist back she nailed the woman square in the nose, causing her to immediately collapse to the floor from the force.

"YOU DO NO FUCK WITH ME!" Estella screamed, tears now pouring from her eyes, "You fucking cunt!" Her chest heaved up and down heavily, almost hyperventilating. She blacked out. The woman whimpered on the floor, trying to crawl away. Estella was already on top of her, one hand around the woman's throat and the other about to land another punch. But she didn't even see Gabriel until his hand wrapped around her wrist. Hard.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! Gabriel hissed as, snatching her up off her and slammed her against the wall. "What the fuck is your problem?!"

"YOU! You are my fucking problem Gabriel!" She screamed, how was this HER fault?! "How could you do something like this?! I'm your wife! I LOVE YOU!" Cheating on her was the straw that broke the camel's back. She couldn't do this anymore. One sided love? Sure...but this was complete betrayal. This wasn't something she could just overlook.

"On paper, mia cara." Gabriel growled. The term of endearment he used for so long sounded harsh to her. There was no longer any sort of emotion behind it. "To our families. But you are nothing more than a way to gain citizenship for me, to run a huge empire." he whispered into her ear. "I hate you." he added.

Estella stared up at him, searching his eyes for any hint of a lie behind the words he spoke. Just coldness. Hatred. "So...Italy...what was that?" her eyes held the floor as she questioned him.

"A mildly enjoyable fuck." Gabriel stated plainly. "You were a virgin after all."

Her eyes widened, but she continued to stare at the floor. Her world shattering around her. Hope, gone like a candle light in the wind. "Oh..."

Gabriel released her when he felt the resistance leave her tense body. Taking a step back, "Rebecca." he stated flatly at the whimpering woman on the floor before pulling out his money clip, slipping out numerous $100 bills. "You fell down the stairs." He tossed the money to her to keep her mouth shut.

Rebecca's eyes widened at the amount of money that was scattered around her. Gathering it up quickly she nodded, "Y-Yes! I fell! How clumsy of me!" she mumbled with a shaky laugh before rushing out of the room after snatching up her shirt off his desk. It didn't take much to shut her up. Dumb cunt.

A sharp feeling struck Gabriel's cheek. The shock took him by surprise and he didn't realize what had happened until he saw Estella shaking, fist balled up.

"I...hate you." she growled through her tears. She had hit him. Ripping off her wedding set she threw it at him. Before he had time to react she was gone, running.

~*Hey ya'll, so this is the first chapter that has been rewritten. I hope this settles better than the first one...Estella is supposed to be stronger than I made her the first time. This is how I WANTED the story to go, but I feared that it would drag on and you guys would stop reading. I love happy endings and sweet romances. And it will still be that way, but with more drama in between. So here is the real way the story was supposed to go...stay tuned!*~