Distractions

Meanwhile...

"Those were nice flowers you sent your wife, man." Mitch said with a smile as he picked up a forkful of his cobb salad. "So what did you do to piss her off?"

"What flowers?" Gabriel shot him a look. He didn't really talk on a personal level to many people he worked with. Most were immature, but Mitch was a pretty laid back man who didn't really annoy Gabriel as much as the others.

"You didn't send her a huge thing of flowers this morning? I was the one who pointed the delivery guy in her direction...He asked for her specifically." Mitch took another bite. "Unless there is another Estella Assanti who works here."

Anger welled inside Gabriel. 'So that's his game' Erin must have sent those flowers. "Oh...no her father must have sent those to her, getting through nursing school and what not...the man is overly proud of her." Gabriel said as he began eating his lunch. Only to immediately regret it. Cafeteria food was disgusting. Estella hadn't made his lunch that morning...or dinner...or breakfast...

"Oh gotcha." Mitch laughed, "Thought maybe you did something to make her mad. You always have a home cooked meal and I see you with a tray today..."

Gabriel stopped mid bite, "Oh...she wasn't feeling well last night and slept in this morning." He continued to lie.

"Not feeling well eh? Should I start looking for a baby gift?" He smirked wiggling his brow at Gabriel.

Gabriel shot him an unamused look, "No. She's not pregnant. Just wasn't feeling well." It would have been better if she was pregnant. None of this would be an issue.

After seeing the look on Gabriel's face, Mitch let it go. Smart man. Gabriel pulled out his phone and sent Stephen a message asking for an update.

'Still looking man...not finding a whole lot...it's like the man never existed until recently...' -Stephen.

Something about that didn't settle well with Gabriel. Who was Erin Sharp? And why did he want his wife?

'Hurry up.' Gabriel sent back before sliding his tray of food away and running a hand over his face.

The next two days dragged on. The air in the apartment was thick and awkward. Estella did her best to avoid Gabriel, which wasn't hard since he spent most of his time locked away in his office when he wasn't at work. She noticed several empty whisky bottles. He was drinking a lot. When she did see him he looked like Hell. Estella had all but stopped cooking for him. She couldn't bring herself to be a wife to him. He didn't deserve it. The gap between them continued to grow larger by the day.

Estella stared at herself in the mirror as she brushed her hair out. Today she was going out with Erin. In the end...what harm would going out with a coworker be? Even if she decided not to pursue anything with him it would be nice to get out of the apartment and be around someone who wanted to be around her. She pulled on her favorite black skinny jeans and a cobalt blue long sleeved shirt. Simple. Slipping on her chucks she pulled on her jacket and grabbed her things. Heart pounding, she left the apartment and walked her way down the sidewalk to the cafe he wanted to meet her at.

The front door jingled merrily as Estella entered the small cafe that seemed to be extra cozy in the dead of winter. Scanning the room, their eyes met. Erin waved her over with with a large grin. Estella only returned a soft half smile. She still felt weird about doing this. Hugging her bag close to her as she weaved her way around the other guests, Estella came to the table in the back where he sat waiting for her.

"You look lovely." Erin stood to pull out her chair. As she sat, he kissed her neck and made a low sound of satisfaction.

Estella squirmed a bit, if he kept that up she would fall for him. 'E-Erin..." she bit her lip and watched him return to his spot across from her. He had already ordered her a coffee. "You know how I like my coffee..." she whispered softly and glanced up at him after taking a drink.

Erin smiled and chuckled before taking a drink himself. "I told you, I've been watching you. A man learns things about the woman he loves. What she likes...doesn't like...what turns her on..." he smirked at the last part.

Her eyes widened, "W-what?"

"Oh Estella...I can only imagine how much of a naughty girl you are in bed. You are so sweet and kind..." his eyes ate her up. "I bet you like to be spanked, tied up...the perfect sub." he cocked his head, watching her chest stop as she took in a sharp breath. "I'm right...aren't I?"

She didn't even have to say anything, it was all written on her face.

"I knew it..." Erin licked his tongue over the rim of the mug, making Estella's face turn bright red. "I can do that for you, you know...I like to be in control in the bedroom." Estella fidgeted with her shirt hem, trying not to meet his eyes. "That is..if you will let me show you." every word promised a world of pleasure. Did she dare?

After about an hour, Estella had loosened up and was laughing and smiling for the first time since Gabriel's birthday. Estella felt herself giggling and even flirting back at Erin. Gabriel was the furthest thing from her mind now. She felt warm and fluttery. Her body tingled as he talked to her.

"Estella...come back to my place." Erin placed his hand overtop of hers, eyes hopeful, a playfully sinful smirk on his lips.

"Yes." A soft whisper escaped her. She needed this. Her body ached, it was almost too painful. She could already feel herself panting.

With a quick movement, Erin pulled her up and nearly dragged her out of the coffee shop. His sleek grey Mercedes was parked out front and he ushered her in quickly. "I don't live far, but I hate snow." A laugh filled the cold car as he tried his best to warm it up quickly. He flipped the heat on full blast and clicked the switch for the butt warmers.

"O-Oh my!" Estella melted against her warming seat, "I wish my Bug had these."

"All to...heighten the anticipation..." His hand rested on her upper thigh. Slowly he inched up higher and higher.

"E-Erin..." she gasped. Oh yes. She was turned on.