Let Me Love You

Estella couldn't stop herself, she had blacked out, something she had never done before, beat another person, then hit Gabriel. She told him she hated him. God knew it wasn't true. She loved him, but she hated what he had done to her. Hated how he treated her. After everything she did for him. Everything she gave him. She ran, but she wasn't looking where she was going and ran smack into someone. Wonderful...

"Whoa there...where's the fire?" a male voice sounded. One she had gotten to know the past couple weeks. Dr. Erin Sharp. "Stella?" he questioned when he got a good look at her face, "What happened?" His brown eyes widened in alarm when he saw she was crying.

"N-Nothing!" Estella tried to push away from him, but he held her in place by the shoulders. Struggling against him, he pulled her into his office at the end of the hall.

"It doesn't look like nothing." He said sternly. "I heard yelling, and now I see you crying." Erin crossed his arms and stared down at her with his 'I'm a Doctor, listen to me' voice that he tended to use with people when they didn't cooperate.

Looking up, he matched Gabriel in height of 6'1", his brown hair was cut short and neat. He was also built well. All the woman loved him. She constantly heard them talking about him. How handsome and great in bed they thought he was. Most of them only fantasizing. Estella always rolled her eyes and went about her work. She never played into their gossip. Plus she was married...for now. But she would admit he was a great doctor, great with his patients, the staff, everyone.

His lips were drawn into a straight line as he waited for her to answer him.

Estella's gaze averted his, there was no way she could tell him what had transpired...how she would have beat that woman worse if Gabriel hadn't stopped her...that her husband was cheating on her, hated her. Cared nothing for her. Estella clenched her teeth. "He..." Words couldn't form.

Erin raised a brow, "He?" Stepping forward he tipped her chin up to meet his gaze. "Who hurt you?" He asked softly, examining her to make sure she hadn't been hurt physically.

"Gabriel..." She managed before she broke down again.

"That guy?" Erin made a low, sound of disgust. "That womanizer. Sweetheart, you don't want to get mixed up with a man like him." He cupped her cheek and looked down at her blue eyes, they were red and puffy, no doubt. Her nose was running and her head was pounding. She must look a fright. "You're a good girl." he smiled softly, his perfect teeth dazzling anyone who saw them. Estella frowned confused. Did he not know they were married? Maybe that was the issue with a hospital in New York, so many people shared the same last names it was bound to happen.

"It...it's complicated...." she said softly. It was. No one could understand a situation like she was in. A daughter to a Mafia leader, and owner of a pharmaceutical company, married to an equally powerful Mafia family. "He cheated on me." That was all she could manage.

Erin stepped closer to her, but her mind was so clouded she didn't notice. Both hands cupped her face. "Estella...forget about him." He whispered in her hear before kissing her neck.

A shiver went up her spine. Shock rocketed through her as he continued to kiss her neck up to her cheek, hovering over lips. "Forget him..." he whispered again. "I can treat you better." Promise coated his words. "You don't fawn over me like those other women...even the married ones...I wonder why that is. You are different." His thumb trailed over her bottom lip. But he didn't kiss her. He waited. Watched her.

Estella was frozen in her tracks, eyes wide. No man had ever kissed her besides Gabriel. But his touch was gentle, and it felt nice against her numbed skin. It also felt wrong having him touch her. Why was he touching her? Kissing her neck.