Princess of Stars

The night continued on, her father was bowling like a pro, her mother all but quit. Stephen and Gabriel were enjoying themselves and even broke out a bottle of whiskey the owner had, who also joined in on the festivities. Stephen worked his 'magic' on the waitress trying to hook up with her. Estella sat back down after her miserable attempt to roll the ball, giggling and laughing. She wasn't sloppy but she was definitely bubblier after a couple of drinks. Her father and Marty were throwing shots back like they were 21 again. Camilla decided after about the 8th shot she was going to attempt to cart him home. Stephen gave up on the waitress and having sobered up helped Camilla take Tony home. Leaving Estella and Gabriel all alone.

"They left..." She blinked as she sat back down after coming back from the restroom. "Dad was really drunk..." she looked over at Gabriel. They were finally really alone; the thought made her heart beat faster. She was still slightly tipsy.

"What now, mia cara?" Gabriel took a drink of water and glanced at her sideways. A slight smirk on his lips. He had decided to stop drinking before things went too far.

Estella bit her lip, "N-not sure..." she had no idea what to do.

"Hm? What's the matter? Why so nervous?" he purred in a sinfully silky voice, his breath hitting her ear as he leaned in. "Oh...right...you've never been with a man." he chuckled lowly. "Never even been kissed." Estella forgot she had admitted that to him.

Something in her stomach churned at his voice. Something deep inside her just wanted to jump on him and kiss him. But her body was frozen. "G-Gabriel..." She looked up at him, innocence in her eyes. His dark eyes stared into hers with a lustful look.

Just she closed her eyes while he leaned in close the waitress came by, "Hey guys, we are closing!" she gave an apologetic look.

'Son of a Bitch! AGAIN?!' Estella wanted to bang her head with a bowling ball. Every time, interruptions. Looking up at him she let out a breath of frustration. Maybe it was better to just save everything for the wedding. 'Fat chance...' It was going to be hard to wait until October. "Thanks, we will head out..." Estella grabbed her bag, not feeling so giddy anymore.

"I'll get us a car." Gabriel texted on his phone. Estella assumed one of the drivers from the house. That meant they would have to wait a bit. "They should be here shortly, shall we?" He offered an arm and they made their way outside the bowling alley. Walking side by side down the sidewalk, Estella threaded her fingers with Gabriel's. He didn't seem to mind. "So, what's this song you were telling me about?" he asked in the quiet night. Odd for New York, but it seemed as if they were the only two around.

Estella looked up at the sky, no stars but the lights of the buildings gave a glittering effect, "It's one of my favorite songs...It's called 'When the Seasons Change'" They walked slowly down the way, talking softly. More Estella talking, Gabriel just seemed to listen to her. "What's it like being a doctor?" Estella looked up at him as they sat on a bench to wait for the car to come.

"Well...nothing like it's portrayed on TV if that's what you mean." He started, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and she snuggled closer. "It's a lot of hard work. Memorizing, analyzing, critical thinking."

Playing with a piece of fuzz on her pants she smiled, he seemed like the type of man who analyzed and thought everything through. "That's what nursing school is like too."

"Yea...so a nurse?" He glanced down at her with a curious look. Her father had told him all about her. "Most women in the lifestyle don't work."

"Oh well...I'm what you would call the black sheep in the family. I grew up with the life, but I dunno...I just felt the need to be different. I sometimes wish things were not like this." She ran a hand through her hair, "But that's not how it goes, I am lucky that my parents gave me the freedom they did...but I also thought it was best I uphold our family name." Estella continued, "I agreed, as the only child that I would honor my parent's wish for me to have an arranged marriage, but on my conditions."

"Conditions?" Gabriel gave her a confused tone. He wasn't looking at her but rather watching for the car.

"Yea. I told them I would marry someone of their choosing, only if he was respectful towards me and my lifestyle choices aside from...well you know..." she referred to the Mafia and her living as a nurse and what not, "And someone who I could really be happy with."

Gabriel nodded as he stood up, a large black SUV pulling up. "Come on, mia cara. Let's get out of here." The two climbed into the car. Nero, their driver greeted them and turned his attention to the road. He wasn't much of a talker. The ride was quiet with the radio playing quietly in the background. Estella felt her eyes become heavy and she inadvertently fell asleep against his shoulder. She didn't remember anything after that.

The Next Morning...

The bright morning light seeped into Estella's room waking her from her dead sleep. "Ngh...what happened?" she ran a hand through her hair. Sitting up she was under her blankets fully clothed in what she had on the night before. "How'd I get here..." she looked around groggily, realizing she fell asleep in the car on the way home last night. "Oh right..." she stretched her arms as far as they would go, feeling her back and neck crack, before getting up to shower.

Letting the hot water wash over her she washed her hair and scrubbed her achy body. She must have slept in a weird position. With a groan, she relaxed into the warmth of the water. Now that she was on break, she wasn't sure what she wanted to do. Pondering she wondered if Gabriel was still at the house or if he had to go back to work. Drying off she made her way to her closet to decide what to wear. Deciding on a long black maxi skirt and a tank top, Estella blow dried her hair and left it long down her back. She stayed barefoot and made her way down the hall, looking for anyone. She heard laughing coming from the kitchen and found her mom and Ari talking. "Mornin'" Estella skipped into the kitchen. The two women greeted her.

"Morning Princess." She heard her mother tease.

"Princess?" Estella shot her mom a look of what the fuck. Her mom never called her princess. No one did.

Ari giggled with Camilla "Yes! Your prince charming carried you off to your bed like a princess last night when you got home." Estella's eyes widened and she shrieked. Gabriel was the reason she was in her bed. She didn't think he would have done that. Ari continued talking about how cute she looked cuddled in his arms. Estella blushed as she made herself breakfast. She was out cold after she got into the car, she had no recollection of anything that happened afterward.

"S-Speaking of Gabe...is he still here?" Estella asked with her back turned, prepping her meal. She didn't want to sound too eager to see him, so she tried to play it off as just a normal question.

"No, he had to head to work this morning." Camilla went over to her daughter and played with her hair "Why?? Did you want to see him?" she teased.

"NO! I just...um...well...maybe..." she paused; her mother could see right through her.

"Aww sweetie, you are completely smitten with him. That's so wonderful to see, Stel." Camilla kissed her daughter on the cheek and sashayed her way out of the kitchen. "Just remember to save the mushy stuff for the wedding night!" she called out. Estella felt her blood pressure skyrocket. It was going to be a long couple of months.

And it was...  

~*Decided to put up another chapter this weekend. I have so much written and trust me when I say it gets gooooood!!!! I can't wait for the wedding!! Hope everyone is enjoying!*~

~*edited*~