Hand in Hand

"Gabe?" Cracking her back she sat up to see an equally tired looking Gabriel. He looked rough. "You okay? " she got up and went over to him wrapping her arms around his waist. She had a worried look on her face.

"I'm fine." he said shortly with a bit of a sigh.

"Did something happen with your Uncle?" Estella questioned, wondering if something had happened when he went out.

"It's nothing, Estella." He gave a bit of a sharp tone, causing her to flinch a bit.

"O-oh...I'm sorry I just..." she looked down; she didn't mean to upset him.

Gabriel said nothing more just kicked off his shoes, then went to grab his laptop from one of his bags. Estella watched confused as he sat at the desk in the corner and began typing. 'What on Earth happened? Why is he being so short?'  Estella thought as she bit her lip and sat back on the couch, unsure of what to say or do. They stayed in silence for the rest of the afternoon. Gabriel remained on his laptop, only stopping to go to the bathroom or take a phone call.

Estella's heart hurt. Why was he ignoring her? It was their honeymoon. Something must have happened when he went and saw his uncle. But Estella didn't want to risk making him mad at her by pressing the subject. 

After awhile, Estella grabbed the travel sketchbook she had and drew him while he worked. Whatever was on his mind must have been heavy, his handsome face was marked with concentrating lines. Peering over the couch periodically as she sketched, she was glad he didn't ask what she was doing. Once she was done, she stared down at it. He was the perfect model, even if he wasn't aware of it. Her stomach growled slightly once she set her sketchbook aside. "Gabe..." She said in a soft voice.

"Yes?" He said, not stopping with his speed typing.

"I-it's getting late...should we go get dinner?" Peering over the back of the couch she cocked her head to the side as their eyes met. She noticed something clouded in his eyes. It looked conflicting.

Letting out a bit of a sigh he looked at his watch and slowly shut his laptop. "Sure, go put on something nice. I know just the place." Gabriel stretched and put his shoes back on. Estella slipped off the couch and went to get dressed and fix her hair, so she looked somewhat presentable.

Estella followed him out, unsure of how to proceed with him or his mood. Maybe he just had a bad day. She quickened her pace to walk beside him, threading her fingers with his. When he didn't pull away, she let a small breath of relief out and continued till they were outside.

"It's not a far walk." He said as he looked down at her. "If you don't mind walking..."

Estella smiled brightly, "Not at all! It's a beautiful evening." She let out a breathy sigh and they continued down the sidewalk. It wasn't a long walk, almost 10 minutes. Estella didn't mind it at all, she was just happy to be with Gabriel.

Once inside the beautiful Imàgo restaurant, Gabriel whispered to the host. The gentleman nodded, leading them to a small secluded table near a window. "Wow...you know everyone." Estella awed.

Gabriel chuckled softly, "Well, I spent most of my life here, so I would hope so." He pulled her chair out for her.

Estella sat down and he took his spot across from her. As they got comfortable and Estella peered out at the beautiful view, a man in a well-fitted suite came out with open arms. "Gabriel!" He greeted warmly as Gabriel stood to shake the man's hand. "What brings you back to town?"

"Roberto, it's been a while." Gabriel gave a killer smile and then turned to Estella, "May I introduce, my beautiful wife, Estella."

The man had a shocked look on his face, "You went and got married?!" He kissed Estella's hand and smiled heartedly, "My, my, you are just full of surprises. Never thought you would ever get married, playboy." Roberto laughed and pat him on the shoulder.