Dead Man Begging

Meanwhile...

"He is a dead man." Gabriel said on the line to his father. The situation needed to be addressed and Gabriel was going to tell his father he was about to put an end to his Uncle.

George was shocked to hear what had transpired in Italy to his son and new bride. He wanted to stop him, but he knew it was futile. He knew it needed to be done. That was the life they lived, and Lorenzo was now a traitor to their own family. "Keep it clean." was all he said before hanging up the phone. 

Gabriel slammed the door to his car as he parked in front of the hotel that Teo had traced Lorenzo's call to. The valet tried to interject by asking to park his car, but the look Gabriel gave him told him to leave. Slamming the door open he looked around, people stared in shock by the sudden loud noise. "Assanti." Gabriel demanded as he stalked up to the front desk.

The pudgy little man who ran the desk stared up at him nervously, just feeling the aura coming off Gabriel was enough to intimidate him. "P-P-Penthouse..." the man stuttered out and pointed to the elevator "Nove" 9. He gave the floor number.

Gabriel turned on his heel to the elevator and waited impatiently. It would be a blood bath today. Normally Gabriel didn't do the dirty work, but he was still a trained killer. And he wasn't about to let the fact that it was his uncle change anything about the situation. Lorenzo went to far, and threatened not only his family, but another mafia family that was much larger. If Gabriel didn't do it, one, someone else would, and two, Gabriel would be looked down upon by not doing his duty to protect his wife and not killing the man who abducted her. Family or not.

Fear struck Gabriel as he rode the elevator to the top floor, worry for Estella. What if Gabriel was too late? What if Lorenzo killed her like he had promised? Biting his lip he tried to push the thoughts out of his head. Knowing his uncle, he would try to play with her first. The idea made his blood boil even more. Pulling out his gun as the floor neared, he readied himself for a possible ambush. His uncle was a tricky man. Gabriel screwed on the supressor. It was a hotel, chances are there were actual guests staying her.

The doors opened and Gabriel was surprised not to see a soul in sight. "Idiot." Gabriel said under his breath as he made his way to the half open door to hear his Uncle on the phone.

"Fuck! YOU NEED TO FIND HER!" Lorenzo yelled at one of his goons on the other line. "KILL HER!" He was nursing his bloodied nose and kicking things in the room. Raging that she had gotten away.

A bit of relief washed over Gabriel when he heard she had gotten away. Pushing the door shut and locking it, Gabriel stalked to his uncle, cocking his gun and pointing it at him.

Lorenzo turned, eyes widened, and he dropped the phone. "G-Gabriel!" Fear struck his eyes. He knew he fucked up big time. Gabriel was very serious. "W-w-wait!!! D-Don't do this! I'm your uncle! La tua famiglia!" Your family!

Gabriel cocked his head to the side, a wicked smile on his lips. "MY family?...My wife is my family. She is MINE." His eyes darkened with a blood lust that Lorenzo knew meant this was the end for him. "You took what is MINE. And for that. You are going to die. Right here, Uncle." the word rolled off his tongue like poison. "Any last prayers? Maybe forgiveness for speaking so ill of Nonna?" Grandmother. Gabriel's smile dropped, "We both know where you are going you will never see her in the afterlife." Stepping forward, his uncle dropped to his knees, begging for his life. "Pathetic. And you call yourself a man." BANG. The bullet pierced between Lorenzo's eyes and a single strand of blood oozed down his forehead to his broken, bloody nose before he collapsed onto the floor.

Gabriel stared down at the corpse in disgust and spit on him, "Burn in Hell." Gabriel turned and pulled out his phone to call the main house in Rome for a clean-up job. Taking a final glance at the man he once looked up to, Gabriel knew he was no saint himself. He knew he was probably going to the same place in death. But until that time came, he would protect the angel that gave him a glimmer of light.

Shutting the door Gabriel look around, wondering where Estella could be. He needed to find her. Chances were, someone was looking for her. Someone who would kill her the moment they saw her because of the orders they were given by Lorenzo before he died. He had no way to contact Estella. By the looks of Lorenzo before the bullet to the brain, she did everything she could to escape. Where would she run? She had never been to Rome before and didn't know the streets like he did. Making a few calls Gabriel had everyone looking for her. The only problem was that could help or hurt the situation. Estella didn't know anyone from the main house. And with someone looking to kill her, possibly multiple people, she was in more danger that way.