Really Not What It Looks Like

Meanwhile...

Gabriel stepped out of the hotel room, dialing Ivan's number. "Ivan." Gabriel said gruffly.

"Well hello. How's the honeymoon, lover boy?" Ivan chuckled from the other end of the phone.

Gabriel could hear panting in the foreground of the phone. "Stop fucking for once and get a grip. We have a fucking problem."

"Sweetie, I gotta mmm cut this short..." he whispered away from the phone.

Gabriel's face twitched with irritation, "Sweetie? Since when do you call women sweetie?"

"Well...this one is different. Gonna be staying in New York longer, that is all you need to know. Anyway Boss, what do you need?"

Shaking his head Gabriel knew something was going on between Ivan and Tilly. Making his way downstairs to the lobby he started to fill Ivan in on the situation at hand. "So, in short...The so called doctor on hand was a fucking traitor and was fucking with shipments for his own gain. He's dead, but we have more men injured and badly. I need to you get on the phones with some of the others and get things sorted out. Get them help without raising suspicion. We are stuck here in Rome until this storm passes..."

Ivan groaned, shuffling about, "Jeez seriously? Sure thing. I have a few contacts that might be able to help. I will contact Teo as well..."

"Good. Let me know if anything changes. Please get together with Antony and help him in any way possible." With confirmation, Gabriel hung up the phone. Running his hand over his face he let out a sigh. Estella had been right, he needed to keep his head on straight. Getting flustered and stressed out like this was just not how he operated. So why now? His mind drifted to the blue-eyed beauty who he had married. She had turned out to be increasingly more surprising to him than he had originally anticipated. He couldn't stop the way his heart was pounding for her. He didn't like this wave of emotions that seemed to be crashing over him since the wedding. It was so foreign to him.

But the way she felt wrapped around him. The way she sighed when he took her. Her soft curves in his hands. The look she gave him, begging him to take her. Gabriel couldn't get enough. Just the thought of it made him hard.

Nodding to the receptionist, Gabriel headed for the bar. He didn't care that it was early afternoon. He needed a fucking drink. "Well look at who we have here." a familiar tone called out. Gabriel stiffened and turned to face his uncle. This man was really starting to piss him off.

"Hello Uncle." Gabriel faced him as the older man swaggered up to him, Isabella still on his arm, giggling and smiling. It wasn't like him to have the same woman for more than a couple of days, this one must still be fresh.

"What brings you down here so early? Where's your little wife?" he taunted.

"Eating breakfast." He said sharply, crossing his arms over his chest. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

The morning when he had met with his uncle had proven to be a mistake:

"Gabriel, Gabriel..." Lorenzo swirled the glass of whiskey he nursed. "Allowing yourself to become tied down by a woman and her family." he looked up at his nephew, brows knit together. "I understand the whole...arranged marriage...but don't allow yourself to fall in love. It will get you killed." Lorenzo took a long gulp of his drink, clanking it hard on the bar.

Gabriel looked at him a bit astonished, "Who says I am in love? I just got married. Nothing more. Nothing less." he looked away from him, letting the amber liquid slid down his throat.

"Hmph... I saw the pictures of the wedding...Doesn't look like 'just married'. Trust me Gabriel. How do you think my father, your grandfather died? Trying to protect a woman." Lorenzo admitted. "Now I love my mother...but he lost his life because of her. The most powerful man in our family. Gone. If he had just kept away, maybe only she would have died and not the both of them."

Gabriel wanted to punch his uncle for speaking like that of his grandmother. The woman was a saint. Even in their old age, they somehow got mixed up in an altercation and his grandfather had ended up behind the bullet. Unfortunately, that didn't stop the person from getting her as well. Gabriel gripped his glass and bit back the anger that welled up inside him. "He was a good man, and husband." That was all he said.

"Indeed, he was. But remember this Gabriel. That woman is going to become clingy. Needy. That girl is not like the other woman in our family. And what if she wants children? Of course, you need an heir, but she seems like the type to want you to be there and support her. She will be your downfall. You will become soft. Your mind will get clouded by love." The word love sounded like it was laced with poison and Lorenzo spit it out like a child taking a nasty medicine. Lorenzo stood from the bar stool he sat upon and placed a hand on his nephew's shoulder. "Be careful Gabriel. I will not lose you because you allow yourself to become infatuated." 

Lorenzo chuckled "Why such the cold heart, dear nephew?" He sat down beside Gabriel at the bar and ordered two whiskeys for them both. Isabella sat beside them, giving a slightly bored look as she stirred her Bloody Mary. "What don't tell me you are still sore about our last conversation."

Gabriel shot him a dark look.

"Look, son." Lorenzo met his gaze with just as much snap to it, "I am looking out for your well-being." Before Gabriel had a chance to respond to his uncle, Lorenzo pulled out his phone to check a text, "Just a second, Gabe. Urgent business." he gave a nod to Isabella and walked out of the lounge. Leaving the two alone.

Isabella gazed at Gabriel through her thick dark lashes and gave him a seductive smile as she licked the tip of the straw before taking a drink. "You and your Uncle look so much alike." she said in Italian with a breathy voice. "But you are so much more handsome and young." Slipping from the stool she sashayed over to him, flittingly touching his shoulder.

"I need to go. My wife is waiting for my return." Gabriel gave the woman a look of warning, standing and towering over her.

"Oh handsome, no need to run back to the little girl...Let's go have some real fun like adults." Isabella pressed her obviously enhanced chest against him and wrapped her arms around him and inhaled his scent. "I can show you a better time than her." Her hand slipped from around his waist to his cock. Of course, he was not even remotely turned on, but that did not stop her from trying to stroke him.

"Stop touching me." He growled and shoved her off. "Fucking whore." Gabriel glowered at her with a dark sinister look that said if she touched him again, he would break her Goddamn arm. And he would. He would respect women, but he would also not think twice about slitting their throat either.

Isabella's eyes widened and stepped back quickly, not really sure what to do. Moments later Lorenzo opened the door and stalked in with a smug look. "Well, looks like Gabriel has found a new toy..." He grabbed her hand and pulled her to his side. "You can have her, I don't mind." he smirked down at her. A huge smile that replaced the terror she had moments before. "She has the sweetest taste." he smirked and stroked up the front of her dress where her pussy rested.

Gabriel pushed past them both, "You are deranged. Why would I want some whore you have already fucked." he shot back before exiting the bar. "I have my wife."

Lorenzo gave a low laugh, "If you say so...It won't matter soon enough."

Ignoring his comment Gabriel's long legs took him to the elevator quickly and he tapped his foot impatiently before it arrived to take him back to the suite.