And a Lucky Sixpence for Her Shoe

October 2nd...

The day had finally come. After several agonizing months of preparing, and going bridezilla on just about everything, Estella was sitting in the salon with her bridesmaids and her mothers. They had all gotten an early start because Estella wasn't about to let anything make her late on her big day. Stephen was her bridesman, and even though he didn't need anything done, he was right by her side. He continued to run through EVERYTHING several times before everyone was begging him to stop. He was not going to let anything ruin her day.

Estella relaxed into the chair as her favorite stylist curled her hair in large ringlets. Camilla and a couple of her close girlfriends' hair updos and her mothers had half and half. Estella ended up changing the colors to incorporate Gabriel's favorite color, burgundy, and navy blue. Each of the girls had long navy-blue dresses on. Rosina wearing burgundy for Gabriel, and Camilla was wearing navy blue for Estella. Each of the groomsmen also wore one or the other. And Stephen would wear navy blue with his suit.

"Sooo Stel, are you excited for the wedding night??" her friend, Tilly sipped her glass of champagne.

Estella nearly spit hers out at the comment. All eyes were on her now, even the stylists stopped what they were doing and looked at her. All a bit shocked. "I-I-I...."

"OH, Hell yea she is!!! You should see the lingerie she picked out!" Carolina chimed in, taking note of Estella's nervousness. The room filled with a fit of giggles and squeals. Estella was red as a tomato, "Aww look, guys! She is nervous!!!" Carolina chuckled.

"S-shut up!" Estella covered her face with her hand, laughing as well. Everyone knew she was still a virgin.

Tilly smiled brightly, "It's amazing Stel! Trust me you are gonna..." she stopped mid-sentence when she realized that Estella's mom and mother in law were there, "N-nevermind..." she blushed.

Rosina chuckled softly, "Oh sweetie don't stop on account of two old hens." she waved for her to continue, but Tilly remained silent. "Darling, your first time is magical, life-changing...especially when you are with the man you love from the bottom of your heart." she sighed dreamily. Like her parents, Gabriel's parents also were arranged. Estella was astounded that so many people fell in love with someone they hardly knew at the time of their marriage. "Just make sure he works you up with lots of foreplay and the pain won't be so bad." she continued.

Her mouth gaped open at the words that her soon to be mother-in-law was uttering about her own wedding night. Estella's eyes widened at the details her own mother began to add. "Sweet mother Mary..." Estella facepalmed and slid down a bit in her chair, wanting to disappear. Luckily the stylist was finally finished with her hair and makeup.

"Alright ladies, the bride is finished!" the stylist stepped back and spun the chair around to show Estella how stunning she was.

Her grey eyes lit up brightly, "Oh..." she let out a small gasp. She was speechless. Everyone had watched her transform but still let out awes and squeals of excitement.

"Our little girl is getting married!!!!" Stephen hugged Camilla and made a dramatic, over the top fake sob. Camilla was like a mother to Stephen and thus he was always treated as such. He was for all intents and purposes, her adopted son.

"I KNOW!!!" Camilla fanned her eyes, trying not to ruin her make up.

Tilly and the other bridesmaid Ariel laced fingers and jumped up and down, being as they were already done with hair and makeup.

Stephen looked down at his watch, "Shit Stel, we should hurry, we need to get to the hotel for the photographer." Estella nodded. She had decided not to have the salon visit photographed to make it their last intimate time together before they were bombarded. Plus, the salon was not very large, and it was crowded enough with just the bridal party. The party gathered in the van and Stephen took them to the Edison Hotel that was right across the way from the venue.

Sitting in the van, waiting on a light to turn green, Estella's phone rang. It was her father. He and George had spent a good portion of the night drinking and celebrating early with Gabriel. It was only 11 AM but he was just now getting up. "Morning daddy." she smiled as her father greeted her. "Yes, we just finished with hair and makeup...." her father said a few things about them going to the venue to make sure everything was finalized and to see how the flower set up was going. Estella had wanted them done at the last possible moment so they would look vibrant for the ceremony. They were also meeting with the priest who had agreed to do a Catholic ceremony, not in a church. Longtime family friend, of course. He also mentioned Gabriel was getting the wedding bands from the jeweler as they spoke. "Okay, sounds like everything is going accordingly." Estella let out a sigh of relief as she hung up the phone. "Dad said they are heading over to the venue now, and Gabe's getting the rings."

After finally breaking away from the traffic, the van pulled up to the hotel and the girls got out, doing their best to shield the bride from any lookers. Estella was being extra cautious that no one saw her until the wedding. She wanted to wow everyone. Once in the bridal suite, the girls began dressing and taking tons of photos that all brides do. Tilly and Ariel both wore navy blue dresses, Carolina wore burgundy.

Estella's mother helped put the last pieces together:

Something Old- her grandmother's handkerchief with their family seal imprinted

Something New- Her necklace that her mother helped pick out

Something Borrowed- A pair of earrings from Rosina

Something Blue- A pair of cute panties that had 'Mrs. Assanti' embroidered

And as she slipped on her shoes, Stephen walked up and kneeled in front of her, "You have everything you need...but this." He pulled out a small box and held it out to her. Estella opened it and almost cried, a silver sixpence for her shoe.

Estella threw her arms around her friend and kissed his cheek, "You are the bestest friend in the entire universe!! I love you!!" she smiled happily, biting back the tears as he slipped the small coin into her shoe. The cold metal made her shiver a bit and she stood, flinging her foot slightly to get it in the bottom so she didn't notice it.

After tons more pictures Stephen glanced at his watch, "Showtime ladies!" 

~*Shout out to DeJonae15 Thank you for your awesome support and reading my stories! You Rock! Go check out her story 'Falling for a Cop'*~

~*edited*~