Words that Never Came

Later that evening...

"Estella..." A soft whisper called out, stirring her from her exhausted slumber. Estella whimpered in protest, curling tighter into a ball, wanting to continue sleeping. "Mia cara..." the voice called out again in a worried tone.

"Tired..." Estella managed to groan out before shifting onto her other side away from the voice.

"You need to get up and eat something...your blood pressure is still low." A hand caressed her cheek. It was warm and gentle.

Estella's head rolled against the hand, seeking more from the touch. Fingers threaded into her hair and rubbed as if she were a puppy who was getting scratched behind the ears. A soft moan escaped her at the wonderful feeling. She could get used to this...

"Is this all it takes to make you happy?" A low chuckled brushed her ear.

"Mmmhmm." She ran her hands up the arm and she slowly opened her eyes to see Gabriel. Her brows knit together, "Gabriel?"

"How are you feeling?" He asked, cupping her face and examining her. He had already done it when he got her home. Getting her inside had been a pain because people were staring at them. After getting her into bed he had monitored her blood pressure periodically to ensure she didn't need to be rushed to the hospital.

"O-Okay..." she looked down, feeling ashamed as things began to piece together in her mind of what had transpired earlier that day. "He's dead...right?"

"Yes."

Estella felt her gut retch. She killed someone. It went against her code of ethics as a nurse...but it had to be done. Estella could not watch her father's company crumble because of some punk. Then something else struck her. Gabriel. Why was he being so gentle with her? Why was he here, caressing her? Nothing made sense.

Gabriel watched her sorting things out in her mind. He could see the conflict on her face between what was right and wrong. It was easier for him, but for her...not so much. She would need time. For many reasons.

Estella hugged a pillow between her naked body. She remembered everything. How she almost begged Erin to fuck her. She felt sick thinking about it. It was the pill he gave her. She tried to remind herself. "Gabriel...I...I'm so sorry..." Burying her head in the pillow she sobbed.

Blinking, he had no idea why she was apologizing to him. "Estella. No." He said sternly.

"I almost...I can't believe I..." the hiccups began.

Gabriel grabbed her face and kissed her deeply to stop her from talking, crying, everything. "Shut up for once." he growled as he broke away

Estella stared at him shocked and breathless. He had kissed her.

"You have no reason to be sorry..." He stood, pacing the floor. "I did this to you...every single part of this is MY fault. Not yours." Estella got a good look at him. He looked a mess. Hair was shaggy, his shirt was wrinkled, he was barefoot, he never went barefoot. Five o'clock shadow dusted his handsome face and dark bags hung under his eyes. "Woman you have unlocked so many fucking emotions in me that I can't even think straight." He said with a deep growl. "You soft...gullible...infuriating...troublesome" Estella looked down, feeling shame, "Beautiful..." her eyes widened but she kept looking down, "Sweet...sensual..." slowly her eyes glanced back up to his, "Fucking badass woman." Gabriel sounded proud of her, "A woman...I do not deserve."

Estella watched him, feeling an odd mix of emotions. It sounded like he didn't want her, but at the same time sounded like she was all he wanted.

"I fucked up." Gabriel continued, turning to face away from her. He didn't dare look at her. Those beautiful blue eyes that constantly watched him, looked up at him with so much love and devotion for him. Beautiful eyes that he didn't deserve looking at him like that.