Torn Between Two

The next morning...

Estella groaned as she rolled away from the sharp sun that flooded the room. It felt like an ice pick was slamming repeatedly into her temples. Nausea roiled her stomach as she moved too quickly and even quicker she rushed to the bathroom.

After puking her guts out, Estella sat in the shower for a long while to make herself feel somewhat normal again. She had to work today and she couldn't go in looking a mess. Braiding her hair, Estella looked in the mirror. Dark bags hung under her blue eyes, fine lines marked her face from lack of decent sleep and crying. How could anyone find her attractive? Letting out a sigh after recalling the night's encounter with Gabriel she felt numb.

Pulling on her uniform and making her way to the living room where she could survey the chaos of her previous drunken state. To her surprise everything was cleaned up and neatly stacked on the coffee table. Gabriel must have cleaned it up. A pang of guilt naggled her. Making her way into the kitchen she noticed the cake was also gone. Opening the fridge to get her items for breakfast she spied it wrapped in plastic wrap. Maybe she would scrape off the words and just take it with her for the crew that day.

After breakfast, Estella buttoned up her winter coat and headed out to the fresh blanket of snow that covered the city. She loved snow, it was beautiful. Her bug took a little longer to chug through it though, but the plows had been through and made it a little easier to drive to work. Once in the parking lot, Estella noticed Gabriel's SUV parked in the doctor's spot. The previous night flooded her mind and she remembered what she had told him about Erin. He had kissed her. Today was going to be very awkward.

Steeling herself she slowly crunched her way up the walkway with the cake in hand. Smiling at everyone she passed she made her way up to the 3rd floor where her favorite coworker, Shannon, greeted her. The two had started working at the same time and became fast friends. Her dark brown hair was pulled back into a short ponytail and large brown eyes twinkled happily.

"Mornin' hot stuff!" Shannon chirped happily, winging a cat eye at Estella. "You have something at the desk!" she wiggled an eyebrow and motioned to a large bouquet of flowers at the nurse's station.

Estella blinked as she spied the array of colorful flowers perched on the desk. "Wha? Who are they from?" She set down her things and examined them for a card. Plucking it from the holder she opened it, Shannon behind her, being nosey.

"What's it sayyyyy?" She asked curiously.

"A small token of love...Erin." Estella read it and the blood drained from her face. He had been serious.

"ERIN!?" Shannon was shocked at the name. "But Estella...I thought you were married?"

"I am..." she was frozen.

"Are you having an affair?" A gasp came from her friend. Estella shook her head quickly and threw the card in the shredder.

"No...but he wants me to..." She shook, not sure what to do about the flowers.

"Oh my god..." She was a little shocked, "But everyone wants him...and he wants you, but you don't want him..." She let out an Ooooo of drama.

"Exactly...he said he wants to 'woo' me and make me leave Gabe..." Estella bit her lip.

"Juicyyyyy!" she giggled and spun around to get to work. "Come on, we have a busy day!"

A groan escaped Estella. This was going to get messy, her head pounded and she felt drained and sick. She just wanted to go back home and crawl in bed and sleep away her worries. Like that ever helped. Estella snorted and went to her first patient's room.

The morning started out as it usually did, until Dr. Sharp came in at 11 for his 'Doctor Rounds' as they called it. Estella did everything in her power to avoid him outside of a patient's room. Even when they were in the same room, she tried to remain calm and stay as far from him as she could.

It wasn't until she got ready for her break that things got crazy. Estella made her way down towards the lounge area to get her lunch. She was looking down at her phone when someone grabbed her from behind and pulled her into the on-call room "Nya!" she gasped, feeling a hard chest at her back, and something harder lower. "W-who?!" Estella turned to see it was Erin. "What the Hell are you doing?!"

Erin smirked deviously as he pulled her to him, his hands roaming over her back sensually. "Did you like the flowers?" he purred in her ear before nipping at her ear lobe.

"Why did you send those?! People are gonna start talking!" Estella pushed away from him.

"Did you consider what I asked?" He ignored her statement, stepping closer to her. He obviously did NOT care what others thought. "I want you Estella." Estella took a step back, hitting the wall behind her. Erin cocked his head to the side as if he was studying her. "I'm a very persistent man." he smirked again closed the gap between them. Estella looked up at him, biting her lip. Could she? He was offering everything she wanted. "I see it in your eyes, Estella." Allowing his head to dip, he claimed her lips, pressing himself against her body. "You need someone to love you the way you were meant to be loved..." His lips captured hers again, deeper this time. Hunger flowed from him.

A soft whimper escaped her as she melted into the kiss. It felt good...and it felt wrong. His hands moved up and down her back and over her butt. "Why...why me?" she broke away, her eyes full of confusion.

"Because you are different. You don't fawn over me like all the other women. You focus on your work." Erin shrugged, "I honestly don't know myself. I just know that I am in love with you. Since the moment I saw you." he whispered, his lips barely touching hers.

"This is wrong..." She confessed.

"But you know it feels right." Cupping her face he made her look at him. "Feel what you do to me?" he pressed his hardened cock against her. "I fucking want you." he growled, lifting her up and wrapping her legs around him. "I want to be inside you. To hear you scream for me."

Estella gasped and gripped at his shoulders as he rubbed against the center of her. Her body began to spark to life as he thrust his hips as if he were making love to her.

"I wonder how wet you are..." Hands gripped her bottom hard and he sucked at her neck.

"W-wait d-don't do that!" She didn't want him leaving a mark on her, but he didn't stop.

"I want them to know you are mine. Fuck Gabriel. He doesn't deserve you." He breathed as he eyed the bruise on her neck. "Let me take you out...one night is all I ask." Erin pleaded.

"I..." Estella was shook, her hand covered the mark he left. Gabriel would see it. Everyone would see it. She felt dirty, but Erin was proving how much he really wanted her.

"If you don't feel comfortable after dinner I will take you home and leave it at that." He offered, setting her back onto her feet. Another sweet kiss on her lips.

"Erin...don't make me do this...I love Gabriel..." She felt tears threaten her again.

Erin frowned and anger crossed his handsome face, "That fucking idiot clearly doesn't love you if he cheated."

That hit her hard. I hate you. He had told her.

They remained in silence for a long moment. Everything around them seemed to stop. She needed to be happy. Maybe Erin could make her happy? "Okay..." she said finally.

A huge smile spread over his lips and he kissed her again, "YES!" Erin picked her up and spun her in a circle, "I knew you would say yes!"

Estella gasped as she was hoisted into the air and spun around. Gabriel never did anything like this with her. Everything felt confusing and complicated. Why was she doing this? But she felt she needed to.