Daedalus Bones

Daedalus Bones (OC): Seventh-year Ravenclaw prefect, his prefect partner is Cassia Fitzpatrick (to his chagrin)

Daedalus Bones (OC): Seventh-year Ravenclaw prefect, his prefect partner is Cassia Fitzpatrick (to his chagrin). Older brother to Amelia Bones. Some form of his existence is foretold in canon, because someone has to end up being the father of Susan Bones. The name Amelia is a variant of Amalia, which is a Latinised version of the Germanic name Amala, a short form for names beginning with Amal, meaning "work". So, for Amelia Bones' older brother, I thought I'd take Daedalus from the Greek Daidallos (Δαιδαλος), which was derived from daidallo (δαιδαλλω) which meant "to work cunningly". That's why he's in Ravenclaw here when Amelia is in Hufflepuff.

Amelia Bones has always said that he was 'the lazy one in the family', even when he is highly intelligent. He never did deny the accusations. "Well, Ravenclaw only asked me to like pursuing knowledge. It didn't ask me to work like a dog for it, so you know what? I'm in."

If anyone was stupid enough to point out that the Bones' were not part of the 28, he'd laugh, and then slyly reply, "Oh, most certainly. We're not a member of the 28 the same way the Potters were not a member of the 28." After all, the membership was not exactly a sign of just how old or how well-established a family is.

First Appearance: Present in Chapter 22 ("Councils in Times of War"). He appears next in Chapter 28 ("Compromises") giving some friendly suggestions to Tom. He is also in Chapter 34 ("Histories Unexpected").

'-