Emma Eccleston

Emma Eccleston (OC): Seventh-year Slytherin prefect and prefect partner to Oswin Orpington

Emma Eccleston (OC): Seventh-year Slytherin prefect and prefect partner to Oswin Orpington. Her last name, as one would note, is not one of the Sacred 28, but even Slytherin house can't be filled with all Sacred 28 family members. It's still not a muggleborn name, though. Emma is a shortening of old Germanic names that began with 'Ermen'. It means 'whole' or 'universal'.

Cool, highly-organised and barely unphased by anything, her emotions are sometimes too level that they can be considered as unnervingly flat by others. Not the most social witch around but very professional. Emma is the leader of 'The Wizarding Society for Better Governance', usually known more by their colloquial nickname, 'The Policy Swots. This is a collection of witches and wizards who are already serious in preparing to climb the career ladder as bureaucrats and administrators of the Ministry of Magic even from the time they're in Hogwarts. As such, they prefer order and stability, and not at all sympathetic to anyone that creates chaos and disorder (like, say, a rising dark lord).

First Appearance: In Chapter 16 ("Mobilisations and Responses") in Tom's meeting with the Wizarding Society for Better Governance. Appears in passing at the end of Chapter 18. Appears in Chapter 19 ("Countermoves").