Silvanus Kettleburn

Silvanus Kettleburn:

Current Position: Professor of Care of Magical Creatures
Previous Position:
(?)

Silvanus Kettleburn has the appearance of a man in his late 30s or early 40s (by nonmagical standards) with salt-and-pepper hair of roughly even mix, his face is tanned and more weathered than most wizards. Broad-shouldered and solidly build the only way that someone who would gladly clean hippogriff stables manually to build the strength to be able to roughhouse with the creatures he loves.

He does not seem to be burdened unduly by the limbs he'd already lost to other, creature handling accidents too. He manages well enough with his prosthetics (so far: left arm, right leg). Rumours say that dragons are involved. His closest friends among the staff are Orpheus Dexter and Galatea Merrythought, for reasons expanded on in Chapter 65. Not all of his employment history is known tomost people.

'Silvanus' is a Roman name derived from the Latin 'silva' meaning 'wood, forest'.

First Appearances: First mentioned in passing in Chapter 19 ("Countermoves") and 38 ("Saturday Mornings"). He only truly appeared in Chapter 46 ("The Ministry Man"). His first longer appearance is in Chapter 65 "Old Dogs of War".

'-