Lakshmi Chakravarty

Lakshmi Chakravarty (OC): Fifth-year Ravenclaw and one of Hermione's dormmates

Lakshmi Chakravarty (OC): Fifth-year Ravenclaw and one of Hermione's dormmates.   Her family moved to Britain from the Kingdom of Assam around a year before she entered Hogwarts. Keen-eyed and sharp-tongued, she does not withhold her opinion from the people around her. She prefers to have fewer friends as long as they're all interesting rather than have a host of bland people around her. Pragmatic to a fault.

As Hermione had observed in-story before, I'd like to point out that the national identities and boundaries of the wizarding world does not always line up with that of the non-magical world. While non-magical India (which is most of India) is currently a British colony under the British Raj, the magical world is generally ruled by the Indian Empire, a loose confederation of magical kingdoms. She is named after the goddess of prosperity, good luck and beauty, the wife of Vishnu.

First Appearance: She's introduced early on in Chapter 10 ("To the Ravenclaw Tower"). As one of Hermione's dormmates as well as friends, she appears often.

As of the First Arc: Lakshmi considers herself friends with Hermione and somewhat curious about Tom (as she'd seen that he's not as nice as his image makes him seem).