Fintan Gambol & Humbert Jape

Fintan Gambol & Humbert Jape (OC): Fourth-year Slytherin students. The primary reason why their bio is joined together is because as fourth-years, they don't even share any classes with either Hermione or Tom, and their connection is mainly because they are both part of Orion's coterie and Orion finds Tom to be someone reasonable that he can work with. Hermione knows them even less than Tom does.

Fourth-year Slytherin muscles of Orion Black—justbecause they're physically imposing doesn't mean they're idiots. Their numberone intelligence is knowing just when it's wiser to keep their mouth shut andpretend that they're mere statuaries on the walls. They wise-crack with each other when no one'saround but are always too nervous to do so around Orion and Tom Riddle. Theyknow of their capabilities enough that they're quite content riding on thecoattails of someone like Orion to power.

Fintan is Irish for either 'white fire' or 'white bull'. Humbert is Ancient Germanic Language for 'bright warrior' (incidentally, it is also the name of Baron the cat figurine in the Ghibli animation Cat Returns).

Their backup plan in life is to open a trick shop in a side-alley of Diagon Alley.

First Appearance: Among Orion's coterie when Tom approaches Orion in Chapter 14 ("Lunchtime Socialisations and Advanced Potions"). They also pass in Chapter 16 ("Mobilisations in Responses") in the Slytherin common room.