Adil Shafiq

Adil Shafiq (OC): Fifth-year Ravenclaw. The classes that he shares with Hermione are Advanced Transfiguration, Advanced DADA, and Advanced Astronomy. The Shafiq family does exists in canon as one of the Sacred 28, though we don't seem to see their presence in Harry's generation. His first name 'Adil' means 'Just'. Some sixth sense of his is always warning him to be careful around Tom Riddle, even before he'd seen what Tom was like beyond the high-achieving student and perfect prefect. Clearly has good instincts.

His brain has really gotten into the habit of seriously appraising any female acquaintance based on how marriageable they are (as in, would his family freak out if they were invited home or not?) His friends probably can randomly ask him about any girls when he's reading/distracted and he'll come up with their statistics on the go. It would exasperate him whenever he realises it.

Tom seemed to have found this particular talent of his useful as well, to Adil's chagrin.

First Appearance: In an Advanced Transfiguration discussion with Julia Goldstein and Tom Riddle in Chapter 28 ("Compromises"). He is at the tail end of the A. Transfigurations class in Chapter 30 ("On Conjurations and Accidents") and in the ADADA class in Chapter 31 ("Traces").

'-