Patroclus Pendleton

Patroclus Pendleton (OC): Fifth-year Slytherin, a member of the Knights of Walpurgis

Patroclus Pendleton (OC): Fifth-year Slytherin, a member of the Knights of Walpurgis. He shares classes A. Potions, ADADA and A. Ancient Runes with Tom Riddle. He came from an old family that's not part of the Sacred 28, like the Potters. His name is the Latinised form of the Greek Πατροκλος (Patroklos) which meant "glory of the father". He is, on that note, said to be an almost identical copy of his Auror-Captain father by many of his father's colleagues, to his chagrin. This is also the name of a close friend of Achilles whose death brought him back to the Trojan War.

He's one of the more intelligent members of Tom's inner circle, though less stridently ambitious compared to Melchior or Abraxas. He prefers to go by his last name even among friends. A wizard of not-so-many words, he is quite content with silence. Pendleton is quite competent. He has an affinity for logic, observing people and unravelling mysteries along with a dislike for unnecessary/excessive violence and overly emotional people.

He could actually be ruthless—it's in his family's blood and history. He just doesn't think that it was necessary to be so 'backwards'. They've all passed the Renaissance, for goodness' sakes (he reads history and things that muggles would classify as sociology and/or anthropology a lot). He also believes that the population of the wizarding world is small enough compared to muggles to start blood feuds left, right and centre with other families, just because they're on opposing sides of the war.

("Society won't be able to reconcile into a cohesive whole after the war that way," he'll say, shaking his head. "This is destructive to the wizarding world in the long run.")