Maximilien de Montmorency

Maximilien de Montmorency (OC): Sixth-year Gryffindor and a pureblood Beauxbatons transfer, Maximilien is also known as the Gryffindor Montmorency or the French Montmorency. His family and Mordred Montmorency's are related. They have attitude issues with each other—Mordred thinks the French Montmorencys are too snobbish while Maximilien thinks that the British Montmorencys should stop putting on airs for people who're only a cadet branch of the main Montmorencys (i.e., his). His family is part of Les Lys Dorés, 'The Gilded Lilies' which is France's equivalent of the Sacred 28.

Aloof though still somewhat good-looking, if the number of Gryffindor witches who hung nearby are any judge of that. He could be a pain in the backside if he chooses to, the problem would be in finding out whether he wants to be an arse to you or not. That he can be a pain should not be taken to signify that he is foolish, as that is the last thing that can be used to describe him. Valuing order over disorder, this outlook unexpectedly meant that he is often of the same opinion as Verrault on this topic, even if they're not exactly chatty to each other most of the time ('polite' is probably the best way to describe how they interact). 

The classes he shares with Hermione are Advanced Arithmancy and Advanced Charms. The name Maximilien is the French version of Maximilian, which comes from the Latin maximus which meant "greatest". Yes, it's a pretty egotistical name to give to a kid.

First Appearance: Mostly a peripheral character from among the French Gryffindors, he first appears in person in Chapter 24 ("The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men I"). He appears again in Chapter 41 ("Aftermath").

'-