Jan Verrault

Jan Verrault (OC): Sixth-year Ravenclaw prefect and prefect partner to Julia Goldstein

Jan Verrault (OC): Sixth-year Ravenclaw prefect and prefect partner to Julia Goldstein. Although he's a transfer student, most people don't really remember him as such since he'd entered Hogwarts when he was a second-year student. A stickler for the rules. He's (rightly) suspicious of Tom and rather annoyed at what seemed to be the Slytherin's Teflon reputation (you can throw practically any accusation at him and it wouldn't stick). He's been following Tom's activities for years now, waiting to find a slip-up or evidence that would be proof of an actual wrongdoing. As a sixth-year, he's Julia's partner, though she's frequently exasperated at his obsession with enacting all the rules, no matter how trivial it seemed.

His first thought of Hermione Curie was that he had to get the new transfer student out of Riddle's clutches before he sinks his claws into her. As such, Hermione's exasperated and unsurprised replies had thrown him off (he's still unsure what to make of her). It might come as a surprise to most people, but he's actually pretty good friends with the beautiful and popular ice queen Camellia Lee from Hufflepuff. It does not mean that his strictness does not annoy her.

First Appearance: Trying to approach the new transfer student in Chapter 8 ("Agreements: Trust or Lack Thereof II"). Passes in the background in Chapter 13 ("Advanced Transfiguration, Lunch, and a Spot of Scandal"). Appears again in Chapter 24 ("The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men I")