Stephanie Selwyn

Stephanie Selwyn (OC): Seventh-year Ravenclaw pureblood and cousin to Sidney Selwyn. Stephanie's father is the current head of the family and head of the main branch with no other children, which meant that she's an impressive heiress in her own right even if one day her father still chose one of his nephews as his heir instead of her.

Stephanie does not actually have a problem with muggleborns being in Hogwarts, learning magic and all. She considers them unfortunate (she considers anyone not a pureblood to be burdened with an unfortunate affliction). She merely wishes that they knew all the rules and how to behave. Blonde, with curls kept in thick rolls that reminds Hermione of Marie-Antoinette era France, she's always impeccably turned out at any time of day.

Has a rivalry with Cassia Fitzpatrick from the same year; she had never forgiven the other witch for what she sees as usurping her nomination as the Ravenclaw prefect of her year.

First Appearance: Chapter 14 ("Lunchtime Socialisations and Advanced Potions"), where Hermione overhears her talking during lunch. She does not appear again until Chapter 45 ("Troublesome Tuesdays"), crossing words with Julia Goldstein near the end.

'-