3: First Date (Part 2)

The drive was silent with an occasional conversation about school and friends. But when it was quiet, it wasn't awkward, but oddly pleasant. You pondered about why you were feeling this way, since you seldom felt this way around your crushes. Your thoughts were interrupted by Shawn. "We're here!" I smile and exit the door. The next thing that Shawn did was very bold.

 He held out his hand towards you. Reluctantly, you hold it and walk towards the coffee shop. When you were holding his hand, it didn't send an uncomfortable feeling through you, but an exhilarating feeling, like he was lovingly protecting you. You enter the coffee shop and sit down. It was themed vintage, something you admired. Shawn pulled out the chair for you to sit down.

 He was such a gentleman. "Thank you." You gush. "Anytime" He replies. The waiter approaches you and you both order your drinks. The waiter left and you decided to spark up a conversation with him. "Um...what- um... Er.. Do you-... " You realize that you weren't making a good impression on Shawn. You realize what you had said and quickly apologize. " Sorry.. I'm asking really  stupid questions..... I'm just nervous that your not going to like me..."You couldn't believe that you were opening up to him on a first date.

 He gives you a reassuring smile. "Trust me, I'm nervous too. But we're both human beings, and I'm not ever gonna hate such a lovable person like you." He places his hand over yours and gives it a light squeeze. You both get your coffees and conversate, this time with ease. Shawn was right. He wasn't going to bite. When it was getting dark, Shawn offered to take you home and you agreed.

 While he was taking you home, he turned on the radio and one of his songs came on. Stitches. You both started singing. But his voice was an angels compared to yours. The song concluded and you complimented him. "You have a beautiful voice!" He smiled "Thanks." He says. You arrive at your residence  and he bids you goodbye. "I'll see you some other time, I guess." Shawn says. You both look at each other. Shawn starts leaning in slightly, and so do you. He wanted to kiss you. His lips gave yours a peck. "Yeah," I say breathlessly. "I'll see you some other time." Before you can go inside, he gives you a wink.

***
Hello 💛

I hope you enjoy this imagine! It was cute, but maybe kinda off. I feel like I could've done better, but I'll go with it.

Thank you so much for reading!