19: Meeting His Friends

" Shawn, are you sure only Nash and Cameron will be there?" You ask impatiently. Shawn clenches his jaw and looks at you and grins. "Yeah, I'm sure babe. It's only Cameron and Nash." You exhale. You and him were invited to hang out with some of Shawn's friends, and you were a bit anxious for meeting them for the first time. Shawn talked about the two of them so much. " Don't worry baby, they're gonna love you, Y/N. Every time I tell them something about you, they just get more and more eager to see you." Shawn wraps his hand around your shoulders.

 That made you feel a bit better. He had his ways of making you feel a bit more calm. You and Shawn stride over to Nash's house and he gently knocks on the door. Nash, who you had seen pictures of, appeared at the door. He looks at Shawn, and then at you. Nash smiles. "Y/N!" he exclaims. He pulls you into an unexpected hug. " Hi." you say letting go of the embrace. " Come on in, guys." He says enthusiastically. You both enter the house and go into the living room. 

There you see Cameron, eyes glued to the television watching a basketball game. He notices that you two have entered. Cameron greets Shawn with a boy hug and then he looks at you with his eyebrows raised, and then back at Shawn. " Nice pick, bud!" Cameron jokes. Shawn chuckles and blushes. "Hi!" Cameron says in a friendly tone. " Hey." you reply back. Cameron introduces himself and then makes the two of you sit down. " Want anything to drink, Y/N? " Nash asks. 

"Beer, water..um...coke? We could watch something else if you want" Cameron adds in nervously, while pointing at the television. You laugh. "You two don't have to be so formal with me!" You exclaim. Nash and Cameron look at one another and let out a held in breath and flop onto the couch. " We thought we would have to be all...nice to you and stuff. " Cameron says. "You still have to be nice," Shawn says "Just don't be so....formal...like Y/N had said." Nash and Cameron both agree with Shawn. Maybe it wasn't going to be as bad as you thought it would be meeting Shawn's friends.

An Hour Into The Party

Everyone exploded with laughter as Nash told a joke to the three of you. So far, hanging out with Nash and Cameron felt amazing. They were giving off the vibe of family. " You're gonna make me cry!" Cameron yells in between snorts in giggles. He was so goofy. That made all of you laugh louder. You open your eyes to see that the atmosphere had changed ever since the two of you arrived here. There were a few beer bottles popped open resting on the table, and an empty pizza box laying there too. The television was playing in the background and the room was filled with laughter and talking, leaving no space for any awkward silence.

 Nash and Cameron were casually sitting on the couch, while you were resting your head on Shawn's shoulder while he rubbed gently circles with his thumb on your lower back. It was so calming to be around Shawn and his friends right now. Just as Nash was about to say another joke, the doorbell rang. Shawn, Nash and Cameron all look at each other with slightly fearful eyes. You look at them in confusion, but don't say anything about the matter. Cameron gingerly and headed towards the front entrance of the house. He slowly opened the door and anxiously greeted whoever was at the entryway. He moves aside to let three boys enter the room. 

Cameron walks into the living room. "Um...Y/N... I actually invited some other friends of ours to the party. I can tell them to leave if you like." The group of boys look at Nash in bewilderment. They probably hated the idea of them leaving the party just because you had problems with a large amount of people in one room. You pull your head away from Shawn's shoulder and sit up straight. You rectify your shirt and tuck a loose strand of hair behind your ear. "No, no," you say "They are welcome to stay, after all, you invited them. " Cameron smiles at you uncomfortably. " This is Alexander, you can call him Alex." Nash says looking at a boy with red hair and a small frame and glasses.

 " Tyler." Cameron pipes in, pointing to a boy with short blonde hair and freckles. " And that's Abe." Nash concludes, pointing to the guy who was sitting next to you. He had black hair and a muscular build. He smiles at you. While the boys converse, Shawn pulls your body towards him. "What is it?!" You ask, a bit startled by his sudden reaction. "Stay away from Abe, okay? He doesn't have the best reputation with acting nice around girls." Shawn put a lot of emphasis on the word "nice". You nod and plant a kiss on his cheek quickly, so that nobody would see you two acting cute. Shawn blushes.

 "If he touches you or says anything..." Shawn says in a warning tone. "Okay, okay. I'll tell you if he does." You reassure Shawn. His face relaxes a bit, and you give him a warm smile. You feel someone beside you shift closer to you, almost touching your thigh. You turn around to see it was Abe. Shawn was right. You felt Shawn clutch your waist tightly. "Hi." Abe says to you, being exceptionally friendly. You give him a minor smile. " You live here? " He asks curiously. You swallow the lump in your throat. Was he trying to flirt with you? " Yeah. Me and my boyfriend, Shawn, live in an apartment nearby." You blatantly mention. Abe nods gently. He asks for a glass of water. When it gets handed to him, he manages to purposefully spill it on you, making it look like an accident. The water seeped through your clothes, on your chest, revealing your undergarment a bit.

 "Oh my gosh," Abe say, clearly faking his apologies " I didn't mean to spill that on you. Here." Abe puts down his drink and grabs a few napkins from the coffee table. Just as he was about to lay his hands on you, Shawn came and rescued you from being touched. "I'll take that." Shawn muttered, snatching the napkins from Abe's hands. Shawn grab you by the arm firmly and leads you down a hallway. "Shawn, where are you taking me? " You ask. Shawn doesn't halt. He opens a door, which led to a washroom. He closes the door and presses you against it. He takes the napkins and starts to clean up your wet shirt with ultimate concentration. He smile at his sweet face as he carefully helped you dry up. 

" I think I'm good now, Shawn" you say, looking into the mirror to see if there was anymore places that were still wet from the water that was spilled on you. Shawn rested his chin on your shoulder and gazed at you. You smiled. "Abe tried to touch you." Shawn whispered. Your smile slowly faded away and you look down at your feet. "I know." You mutter. Shawn places his hands on your shoulders and spins you around to face him. " If someone ever tries to touch you again, tell me, okay? Gosh, we shouldn't of had come here in the first place." Shawn huffed. You cup his cheek in your hand. 

" Don't be so harsh on yourself babe. You did nothing wrong. Its just that ass, Abe." Shawn takes your hand and kisses it gently. "Okay." he says in a cute tone. You grin at his comment. Shawn takes you by the hand and leads you out to the living room. There you see Nash, Cameron, Tyler and Alexander, but no sign of Abe. "We saw what Abe did. Sorry about that. " Tyler says awkwardly. "Won't happen again." Alex says. "He left after we gave him a mouthful." Nash says. Cameron snorts. " You need to stop snorting, dude." Shawn says shaking his head. Everyone giggled, and the rest of the evening was filled with laughter.

***
Hello 💛

Hope you enjoyed reading this long imagine. I found this one quite cute. Shawn taking care of you 💖💖💖

Thank you so much for reading!