36 : Pregnant ( Part 5 )

" Wake up, love. " My loving boyfriend whispered into my ear. He planted a kiss on my cheek, like always. I wasn't complaining. His kisses were what made my day. I whined a bit. I was too tired to wake up. I rolled over to the other side. I could hear Shawn sigh silently in frustration. Of course, I felt guilty that I was  being so grumpy towards my boyfriend, but I just couldn't help it. 

Being pregnant isn't easy. " Darling, please wake up." He whispered again. I pulled the blanket away from my upper half and looked at Shawn. He was wearing just sweatpants, a little bit of his Calvin Klein boxers showing. Shawn's cheeks were surprisingly rosy this morning. His brown curls hung over his forehead, making him look like a complete snack.

" Why can't I sleep in?" I grumbled in a childish voice. Shawn looked at me and then reached out to my hand. " I'm sleepy, Shawn. I have a baby growing inside of me." I snapped harshly, pulling my hand away from him. I exhale tiredly and rub my temples, closing my eyes. After a few silent minutes, I look up at Shawn.

 He ran his fingers through his hair and looked down at his lap, avoiding eye contact. " I'm sorry, baby." I whisper, leaning in towards him. He looks up and gives me a tight-lipped smile. " It's fine." He said, shaking his head gently. " No, I shouldn't have said that to you. I didn't understand how frustrating it must be to deal with me." I said. I could feel my eyes brim with tears. 

" Don't cry sweetie." Shawn said, hugging me tightly. I buried my face into his toned chest. " You have no reason to cry. I'm sorry for waking you up this early in the morning. It's just that we have our first ultrasound today." Shawn said, untangling a few knots in my hair with his slender fingers. My eyes shoot up to his handsome face.

 " Why didn't you say so?!" I ask frantically. I grab my phone from the bedside table. It read 7:45 in the morning. " What time is the appointment?" I ask hurriedly. " 8: 30." He said. I do a face palm and get out our of bed in a rush. 

-

" Are you ready yet? " Shawn asks from the bedroom. I put away my cosmetic items and look in the mirror. I was wearing a loose maroon sweater with some black leggings. My hair was in a loose ponytail with some very light makeup. I look on my phone to see the time. 8: 10. We still had time to get there. " Ready!" I yell, running to put on my shoes. 

Shawn grabs the car keys and opens the door for us to go outside. We sit inside the car, ready to drive to the clinic. " Are you okay? " Shawn asks carefully, starting the car. He had glanced over at me  to see me biting the tip of my nails while impatiently tapping my right foot up and down. He knew that I always did these things when I was either nervous or anxious. 

He placed his large hand on my leg thigh, stopping me from anxiously tapping it. He gently pulled away my hand from my mouth and held it his own reassuringly. " What are you nervous about, darling?" He asks gently. I nod and look out my window. " Nothing." I mumbled under my breath. I looked back at my boyfriend to see that his eyes are on the road.

 I decide not to tell him my worries since he was driving and that would make him lose his focus. " Tell me love." He pleads. I sigh and give in. I keep my gaze on the window, not wanting to look at Shawn. In a way, I felt embarrassed that I was being nervous for one of the most exciting moments of our pregnancy. 

" I'm just nervous if somethings wrong with our child. I don't want there to be any complications or anything." I said. Now that I said it out loud, I felt much more stupid. Nothing was wrong. Doctors had told me that everything was fine and I had nothing to worry about. But here I am, concerned to the maximum. I turned to Shawn, waiting for what he had to say.

 He opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it. He swallowed thickly and finally came up with words. " Our doctor said everything would be fine. Nothings gonna go wrong. We'll try our best." Shawn simply said. I wasn't complaining though. If I was him, I wouldn't have much to say either.

" But what if our best isn't enough?" I ask while biting my bottom lip. Shawn pauses for a brief moment and then answers. " Our best is always enough. Even if it's not enough to other people." He says. I smile a bit. Shawn was so good with words. " You sure?" I ask quietly. He looks over to me for a fleeting moment, smiled warmly, and then returned his gaze to the road. Suddenly, I had felt as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulder.

 Shawn was right. We could only do our best based on what was in our hands, even if it looked to like we didn't try to other people.            " We're here! " Shawn exclaimed, undoing his seat belt. I undid mine and reached out to the door handle. Before I could open the door, my caring boyfriend opened it for me, holding his hand out for assistance. I blush and exit the car while holding his hand. 

This was going to be one good doctors appointment.

-

" Lay down here." The doctor said a very calm and quiet voice. I swallowed nervously and settled down on the bed. I put out my hand for Shawn to hold and he did. Whenever my hand was in his, I felt so safe. Like nothing or nobody could harm me. " Lift up a bit of your shirt for me." She said. I complied and rose it enough to show my belly and my small baby bump. I looked at Shawn to see him smiling like a goofball at the sight of my stomach.

 Ever since the baby bump started appearing, Shawn thought it was necessary to tell everyone. I thought it was cute, for him to be proud of showing off his unborn baby. " I'm gonna apply this gel. It'll be a little cold. Okay?" She said, applying a clear gel onto my abdomen. I squirmed under her touch while Shawn gripped onto my hand a bit more tightly to stop my movements.

She stopped and then reached for the small device that the doctor would run over my stomach. She placed it, running it over my lower belly, trying to find where we would be able to see the baby. After a minute or so, I could see a grey blob. I heard Shawn gasp in excitement. " That's your little Mendes." The doctor chuckled. I blushed and turned my head towards my boyfriend.

 I could see happy tears forming in his eyes while he gazed affectionately at the screen. He looked at me warmly and leaned down to peck my lips softly. " Love you." He mumbled in between the quick kiss. " Love you too." I whispered back. We looked at a bit more until our appointment was over. The doctor gave us some advice to stay healthy, including getting sleep. When she mentioned that, I glared at Shawn. I saw him blush and look down at his feet.

***

Hello 💛

Hope you liked this imagine! I feel like I've gotten KINDA better at writing. Like, I read my first 10 or so imagines and they suck and then the next 10 or 20 are sorta decent. Anyways, ima stop talking now.

Thank you so much for reading!