38 : Pregnant ( Part 7 )

I lay on the hospital bed in silence while Shawn read aloud " From Ant to Eagle " to me. The book was so good I had read it more than once. It was one of my favorites, so when Shawn asked me what book he should read to me, I had immediately chose this one. It was so emotionally beautiful.

He closed the book at the ending, tears in his eyes. " I told you it was a good book." I said smugly. Shawn chuckled silently, shaking his head. I looked over at him slowly, trying not to move as much. After all, I was probably about to go in labor soon.

He was biting the tip of his nail, his warm, coffee colored eyes darting across the blank room. I could tell he was feeling anxious. The way he was stuttering while reading to me, the way he was staying abnormally silent around me was confusing, knowing that Shawn was extremely comforting in distressing situations.

" Love?" I whisper, keeping my eyes glued on him. His brown eyes move from the door frame to meet mine in an instant. " Yes, darling?" He asks. " Do you need anything?" He questions, standing up a bit. " No. Sit down." I said shaking my head. He obeyed and sat down gingerly. " You look stressed." I said, studying his face for the hundredth time. He looked away and shook his head eagerly. " No, I don't." He muttered, fiddling around with the silver ring on his finger.

" Shawn, tell me. What is it?" I ask fervently. I needed to know what was on his mind. " Nothing!" He almost yelled. I flinched at his sudden reaction, my eyes squeezed shut. I opened them slowly. Shawn had his mouth open, like he was about to say something. Although he wasn't speaking, I knew he was feeling guilty at his recent outburst. He got up from the off-white couch that was in the corner and brought over a stool next to my hospital bed.

" I'm sorry I yelled." He said, taking my hand into his. His grip was gentle, yet so affectionate that I didn't think twice about forgiving him. " It's okay sweetheart. We all explode like that sometimes." I said soothingly, stroking his large hand with my small thumb. " Can you tell me what you're worried about though?" I ask. Shawn looked at me and then looked down at our interlaced hands.

" Please." I asked in a hushed tone. Shawn gave in, sighing at his defeat. " I'm just worried that I'm not going to be a good dad. I'm not here all the time because of tours and long hours at the studio, so I always feel like I'm gonna miss out on all the special moments with my child. What if I do something that hurts her or-" I cut him off by crashing my lips onto his, the way he did when I found that I was pregnant and wouldn't stop rambling about everything.

I let go of the kiss and looked at Shawn, I took my free hand and cupped his cheek. " You need to stop worrying. Yeah, you'll make mistakes, but our daughters gonna know that her father and mother love her very much and wouldn't do anything on purpose. You're gonna be the best dad ever. I can feel it.' I said gently. He looked at me with a sad expression. " How do you know so well?" He asked, biting his bottom lip. I smile and answer him.

" It's the mother instinct." Shawn giggled. A feeling of relief and euphoria washed over me as soon as I heard his laugh. I kissed his plump lips again. " I love you." He whispered. Color raised to my cheeks. " I love you too." I replied sweetly.

-

The doctor handed me the baby, tears were already forming in my eyes. I hugged my newborn to my chest. I couldn't help but admire our daughter. Finally. After longing to see her face for nine lengthy months, I got to witness our creation. After a few hours of labor, I finally gave birth to our girl. " She's stunning." I said breathlessly. I looked over at Shawn. He was bawling his eyes out, tears streaming down his face as he saw his baby daughter.

" She's everything I wanted and needed." He said quietly. I smiled. Shawn was so happy. And his family was probably happier. Aaliyah was now an aunt and Nora, my best friend, was an " aunt " too. " What should we name her?" Shawn asks gently, leaning in carefully to take in our baby's cuteness. " We already decided on an name, remember?" I told him. " Oh, yeah I remember now." He said, blushing in embarrassment. I giggled. " You're daddy's never gonna change." I whispered to our newborn. " Hey!" Shawn said, wiping away his happy tears. I giggled at his reaction, still admiring our daughter.

" Rose. Her name is going to be Rose." I said sweetly, tiling my head at an angle. Shawn kissed my temple affectionately. " I love it." He said in a content tone. I grinned broadly. " Rose Mendes." I whisper. " What about the middle name? " Shawn asks. I look at him. " You can choose that one." I said. He ran his fingers through his hair and thought about it for a moment. " What about Marie?" He said gently. I nodded. " It's perfect, baby." I said, kissing his lips.

" Rose Marie Mendes. Born on July 17th 2019." I said in a faint voice. I wasn't looking at Shawn, but I knew he was beaming. " She has your eyes." I said, looking at her tiny orbs. The resembled her fathers chocolaty ones. " She has your nose. I bet her personality is like yours." Shawn said. I chuckle and look over at my loving boyfriend. " What?" Shawn said, catching me gawking at him.

" I just love you a lot." I said in a dreamy manner. Shawn blushed and kissed my forehead. " I love you too. A lot." He said, imitating me. I smile and chortle silently. " And I love this one too. A lot." He said, looking over at our beautiful daughter.

***

Hello 💛

And the pregnancy series is over! Don't worry, I'll still write imagines where you two are parents. It's just that Y/N won't be pregnant ( She might be with Rose's sibling tho 😉 )

Thank you so much for reading!