5 : Prom Night (Part 2)

The drive to the school (where prom was being held) was silent, with the occasional humming of you or Shawn to the songs on the radio. When you get there, Shawn rushes out and comes to your side of the door and opens it for you. "Thank you" you say gushing. "Anything for my princess" he replies. You go inside the gym and see it was decorated with streamers, balloons and other decorative objects. You were overwhelmed at the sight of such a transformation. You feel hands covering your eyes gently and hear a high pitched voice ask "Guess who?"

 You turn around to see Ashley, wearing a strapless maroon dress that was extremely short, with matching heels and a red lip. You both exchange hugs, and Ashley and Shawn shake hands. Ashley looked at your outfit and mouthed "cute."I smile back, feeling special. Behind Ashley, a muscular figure shows up. "Hey babe." the person says. "Hey!" she says. "Y/N, meet my boyfriend, Tyler!" Ashley had gotten a boyfriend and never told me.

 Despite being friends since Grade 3, Ashley didn't reveal many things to you. You talk a little bit while introducing ourselves when Tyler asks Ashley to follow her somewhere, and they leave to go on with their prom night. I look over at Shawn. He looked over at me with an uneasy expression. "What's wrong?" You asked worriedly. "He was staring at you weird." Shawn huffs. I cup his chin in my hand. He was right. Tyler was staring. It wasn't right for him to have a girlfriend and stare at other girls.

"No matter who stares at me, the only person who'll I'll love is you Shawn." I say gently and lovingly. His uncomfortable expression was now replaced with a sweet face. I give him a peck on the cheek. Right after our romantic moment, a slow song plays. Shawn pulls you into the crowd of dancers and grabs you by the waist. You giggle. 

You put a hand on Shawn's shoulder, sending sparks up your spine. This was what you were longing for. True love. The kind of love that made you feel safe. The kind of love that made you feel beautiful. The kind of love that felt right. You and Shawn danced the night away, forgetting everything.

***
Hello 💛

Hope you enjoyed this one since I am extremely proud of it and enjoyed writing it. P. S   please do excuse grammar or spelling mistakes. I'm actually only in middle school!

Thank you so much for reading!