54 : Superhero ( Blurb )

Superhero is the best song ever and so is Lauv so like I rlly wanted to write this so like yeah rEaD tHiS wHiLsT lIsTeNiNg tO tHe SoNg

***
" You miss her, don't you?" a voice asked from behind me. I flinched and felt my stomach drop, and I turned around to find Matt standing behind me, looking down at my phone with his hands in his pockets. Shit. He saw me looking at pictures of Y/N again.

I swallowed nervously and put my phone down onto the spot beside me, trying to look calm so that I wouldn't look suspicious. I silently prayed that he would just forgot about it and leave me alone.

"Miss who? " I asked, pretending to be oblivious to his recent comment. He sighed and sat down beside me. Twiddling with my thumbs, I kept my anxious gaze on the floor. "Y/N," he stated. I froze. Matt sat down beside me, the couch dipping down from the weight.

Just hearing her name made my heart skip a beat, but following after that came a rush of sadness. She left me. It had been a few months, and I still wasn't over her. It was my fault. If I hadn't fooled around with some girls while I was away at tour, this wouldn't of had happened.

She did things to me that no one else could. I miss that. The butterflies, her smile made me nervous and the way she used to console me in my darkest moments.  But there was nothing I could do anymore. She was gone from my life.

"Just say it, you miss her," Matt said. I took a deep breath. "I don't miss her," I stated, however, my voice lacked confidence and what I just said didn't seem true. He looked right at me, not breaking eye contact. I tried not to give it away, but in the end I cursed under my breath and felt myself drown in my own sadness.

" Fine, I do," I mumbled, leaning my head back on the couch. He scooched a bit closer to me. I tried not to get teary. I really didn't want to. I did her wrong. Now I was facing the consequences. This was all my fault. Now I didn't have her.

" She was like... " I didn't continue. Staring up at the ceiling, I felt tears prick my eyes, blurring my vision. My throat got a bit tighter. " What was she like?" Matt asked softly. "Dude, do you really want me to cry?!" I said in bewilderment, chuckling and grabbing my phone and scrolling through Instagram.

He kept his firm gaze on me though, watching my every move. He wasn't going to let slip this time. I had to talk, and I could tell that he was going to get it out of me today. "Shawn," he warned. "What," I grumbled in response. "Put your phone down," he ordered.

I acted as if I didn't hear continueing to browse through the social media platform. "I know you miss her. I see you looking at her pictures. I see you trying to contact her or her friends. I see you trying to find a little bit of her in anything. I know you miss her," Matt didn't say a word after what he said.

I didn't say anything either. Becuase he was right. I went through her Instagram, our texts, everything. Anything to remind me of her. I still tried to call her or her friends. Y/N picked up, but her friends would pick up and politely tell me gbag she didn't want to talk to me.

I messed her up. Her friends tell me that she spent nights awake and crying, pouring out her anguish through her tears, and she questions if she was ever good enough. Y/N was an angel, and I lost her. Didn't they if it's meant to be you'll know. I would've known. If it was meant to be, I would've contained myself.

I was so wrong about it. Wrong about everything. The arguments about me cheating, the suspicions. Everything. I was wrong, but my ego got in the way, causing me to not admit to my mistakes. I guess after she left, the pain shattered me and my self-pride.

I want her back now. I just want to hold her and spend my days trying to make things right and make her mine again. But she was probably going to someone else's already. She deserves someone better. Not someone who she just couldn't trust anymore.

After thinking about all those things, my throat got dry and a tear slid down my cheek. "Fine, I miss her," I said, caving in to Matt. Soon, I was sobbing. Matt put a hand around my shoulder and squeezed it. "Just let it out," he breathed. I sniffed and felt my heart pund in my chest.

My broken heart, to be exact.

" You were saying something..." Matt prompted, going back to what I was saying before bawling my eyes out. I stopped myself for a bit. I smiled weakly, remembering every little things about her and gave Matt my answer.

"Superhero, she was my superhero."

***

Hello 💛

Let's all listen to Lauv songs and cry together plz 😭😭😭

Thank you so much for reading!