53 : Still Yours

okay so i think im falling in love with twenty one pilots and i really like oh miss believer and it reminded me of this scenario and ik its not christmas but im really sorry i just love this song lol

***

Shawn's Point Of View 

Grabbing the keys to his car, Shawn opened the door to his lonely apartment. A rush of cold air and snow hit his face. Shawn cursed under his breath. Hiking through the cold snow, he reached his car. Sometimes he wish it didn't snow this much in Canada, he thought to himself. It made him miss his wife. Y/N would think otherwise. She loved the snow dearly, he thought.

"Don't hit me." She yelled, putting her arms in front of her face to dodge a snowball thrown by her husband. He grinned and threw it at her anyways because who cares? They both loved the winter anyways.

"I'll get you back Mendes!" She howled. Shawn was quick to start to run around their backyard. Y/N was now chasing him, snow in her fists. They were both yelling happily. There was nothing else. Just pure joy.

Shawn slowed down, panting heavily. Y/N threw her fistful of snow back onto the ground, walking up to her husband and facing him with a stupid smile on her face. "Payback, eh?" He mocked. Y/N rolled her eyes.

He pulled her into his arms, his hand on the small of her back. She hummed and wrapped her arms around his neck. Shawn pecked her lips, but Y/N quickly deepened the kiss. Their tongues danced in sync and the kiss was so sweet that they almost melted together despite the cold whether.

Shawn opened his eyes and rested his forehead on Y/N's. "I love you so much. Like, so much." Shawn sputtered. Y/N grinned. "I love you too, you dork." She said playfully. "Your dork." They both giggled. "Yours. All yours." He said, peppering her face with sweet kisses.

He drove to the cemetery in utter silence. Of course he did, there was nobody to talk to anymore. There were his dear friends. But did they understand? Did they understand the pain of losing the love of their life? Did they understand the pure agony of losing a soulmate?

They wouldn't understand the sheer torment of bawling his eyes out in the middle of the day or night because of the aching pain in his chest that wouldn't go away no matter what. It was a just painful. Everything was just painful. Nothing was right anymore. It would never be. Ever.

He parked his car, taking a few deep breaths. Todaymade a whole year since she died. A whole year without her. A whole year had passed without her love being showered on him. At first he thought it would be impossible, but he made it through. He did it. One year.

Tears formed at the corners of his eyes. Sighing gently, he leaned his head back and  tried to remember her face. But he couldn't. It was blurry. Foggy. Unclear. A tear rolled down his cheek, suspended on his jaw. He missed her. He missed her so much. There was that hollow pain again. He opened his eyes and got out of his jeep and started to walk in the snow to his wife's grave.

Snow was sprinkled on the gravestones and there were some bright flowers left in front of them. Some of the graves were forgotten, having not a single petal placed in front of the tombstone. He, however, had brought blood red roses for his wife.

Although they would die soon, it would bring him a bit of satisfaction. He carried the flowers in his frozen hands and walked towards his beloved a grave with weak knees. He soon got there, staring down at the stone.

Another tear slipped out of his eyes and he crouched down in the icy snow. "I've missed you honey." He said after a few minutes of silence. He placed the roses down gingerly and stroked the velvety petals. He grinned, the bittersweet memories coming back to him.

"There's a lot I miss, actually. I miss your laugh that would echo through our home. I miss your smile, your hair, your everything. I miss your voice whenever you sang my songs," He was practically sobbing at this point, "Wish you could come back baby. Miss you so fucking much that it hurts." He croaked.

"Hurts here." He said, pointing to his chest, specifically his heart. His aching, broken, heart. He wiped his cheeks with his sleeve. "I'll try not to cry, because I know you hate it when I cry." He sniffled. Suddenly, a snowflake dropped onto his jacket. Then another, and another.

Soon it was snowing. It wasn't the type of snow where it was violent and angry. It was the soft and gentle snow. The type of snow that was beautiful to watch. The snow that reminded Shawn of Y/N. The snowflakes peppered the roses and was powdering his hair.

He could almost hear Y/N's melodious voice. Almost. But then there was that barrier. That thin line that kept the two of them separated. He sniffled again. "I made it darling. I promised you, and I had to keep that promise for you. I did it. One year." His voice cracked at the ends. Shawn smiled. " I wanted to spend my whole entire life with you baby. But I can't anymore. We can't." He said. 

Throwing his head back, he let the cold flakes of snow fall onto his face. The cool wind ruffled his hair. " I'll miss you. A lot. I'll never forget you baby. Never. " He said in a small voice. Some might think he was stupid, talking to a grave. But to him it was the love of his life, sitting right in front of him. She was probably smiling with a few tears trickling down her cheeks. 

He knew she was there. Maybe not here, but somewhere, listening to him speak. He grinned weakly once again before saying one last thing before he had to go. " I'm still yours baby. Your's." He whispered.  

***

Hello 💛

oMG TYSM FOR 3K READS I DON'T DESERVE SHIT BUT TYSM I LOVE YALL SM OMG HEARTS FOR EVERYONE ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Thank you so much for reading!