33 : Pregnant ( Part 2 )

Y/D/N = Your Dad's Name

Y/M/N = Your Mom's Name

***

Y/N's Point of View

" Shawn, I'm just really nervous." I said over the phone to my very supportive boyfriend. I heard him sigh over the phone. " I'll convince them, I swear. Don't stress about it." Shawn said soothingly. I nod and exhale.

Shawn was coming over for dinner, but it wasn't just dinner. He and I would be telling my parents that I was pregnant. I was feeling way to anxious, just because my parents are not the most accepting people ever.

" Shawn, what's gonna happen if they kick me out or something?" I croaked, almost crying.  "Hey, listen to me, " Shawn whispered, " We'll be fine. If they do, you can always live at my place until we figure something out, right." I hesitantly nod to myself." Okay. " I say while biting my lip.

" I'll be over in a few minutes," Shawn said, " Take care of yourself, babe." I say my goodbyes and hang up. I put my phone down and look in the mirror. I was wearing a dark green, cozy dress with some black flats. The only outfit I could find that was comfortable, but also formal for a family dinner. I stare at my face and smile a bit. I just hope that everything goes well.

A few minutes later

" Y/N, Shawn's here!" Mom hollered from downstairs. I stop pacing my room from apprehensiveness. I quickly shuffle downstairs, trying not to stumble on my own two feet.

I see Dad talking to Shawn. He spots me and gives me a warm and comforting smile. In a second, it felt like all my worries melted away. I waved at him and walked towards him, pecking his cheek. I looked at him to find him blushing. Gosh, this boy is so cute. " Come help me set the table, Y/N." Mom said. I go into the kitchen while Shawn and Dad sat down at the dining table.

After the table was set, we talked about many things. Shawn's music, school, and other topics. Finally, Shawn gave me a little look, gesturing me to break them the news.

Shawn puts his hand under the table, interlacing our fingers together as a sign of reassurance. I take a deep breath. Breaking news to my parents was never easy. It didn't matter if it was some small thing or a major problem, they always had insane reactions. " Mom, Dad, we need to tell you something." I say shakily. The ' we' probably was going to worry them.

Dad looks at me with a puzzled look on his face. I swallow nervously and my eyes flicker over to Shawn. He nods gently and gives my hand a little squeeze.

" I'm pregnant." I squeak. I see Mom look over to Dad, both of their mouth agape. My Dad stands up with a raging face. I swallow nervously and grasp onto Shawn's hand even more tightly, making him wince in pain. " This is what you've been doing with your boyfriend, huh?" He screams. I feel tears sting my eyes. 

" Let me explain, Dad." I manage to whimper. " I don't want to listen to your bullshit!" He screamed, throwing his glass of water on the floor. It shattered into dozens of pieces. I whimper and let a tear slide down my cheek. My heart was racing at an inhumanly fast pace. I look over at Mom to see her reaction. Nothing. Her face was blank. No tears, no smile, no anger. Just nothing. I couldn't even tell if she was disappointed. 

That was the part that made me even more worried. I wasn't able to tell how she felt. Mom wasn't even trying to calm my father down. She was just there, staring at the dining table, thinking about only God knows what.

" Please, stop." I plead, begging for Dad to control his anger. " Mom ,please, say something." I say in between sobs. Mom glances at me and shakes her head as a sign of discontent. Breathing was a hard task and all I wanted to do was leave this poisonous environment. " Y/D/N , please calm down. " Shawn begged. Dad looked at him with wide eyes. " You have no right to talk here! The things you've done to my daughter! You're a horrible influence. Is this what your future child wants to see?! Why did I ever let her date you! I wish your mother aborted you, Y/N!" Dad shouted. I felt my chest tighten and my hand get loose around Shawn's in shock.

' I wish your mother aborted you, Y/N ! '

My own father's words brought me pain and rang in my ears. The rest was a blur. Shawn arguing with Dad, Mom trying to quiet the two of them while I was choking on the bitter tasting air. Shawn came to the point of screaming. Screaming until his pale face was red. He was fighting for me.  He never screamed like that. Never. My father yelled back, taking a few steps at a time towards Shawn. 

" Stop!" I yelled, covering my ears with my hands. I stood up and looked at my family and boyfriend with beseeching eyes. " Please, I beg of you." I manage to whisper with a tight throat. Everyone looks at me like I'm some sort of alien. Dad sits down, head in his hands. Mom goes behind him ,rubbing gently on his back. I couldn't deal with the fact that I was suffocating and my mother was comforting my father. It was so rare for my mother to be relaxing him in this moment.

" You know what Y/N , just leave. I don't want to look at you right now." Dad stuttered. Shawn held my hand tightly, pulling me to his side. " It's best that you don't come back. Ever." Mom whispers, not looking at me. " Mom please- " I say in a hushed tone. Mom cuts me off. " Just leave, Y/N. Just leave." She repeats. I stand there for a moment, trying to comprehend what my parents were trying to tell me. 

" Fine, " I whisper, " I'll pack my bags tomorrow. I'm crashing at Shawn's place tonight." I say, walking towards the door with Shawn's large hands placed on my shoulders. We go outside, entering the cool summer air. It felt so nice to be out in the fresh air. Shawn moves from beside me to in front of me. 

I look at him with blurry eyes. His face looked weary, his eyes still flooded with tears. I feel my lip quiver at the sight of him looking hurt. " Baby. " Shawn said, wrapping his arms around me. I sling my arms around his waist, shoving my face into his chest. I let out a few sobs while Shawn rubbed circles on my back in a comforting manner. " Just let it out." He whispered. I sobbed a bit louder this time. I felt drops of Shawn's tears on my head. I knew for a fact how much it hurt him when I cried.

I stopped crying, sniffled and looked up at my caring boyfriend. " I'm so sorry, Shawn." I mumble. He places a peck on my lips. " You don't have any reason to be sorry, love. I don't like seeing you like this, all guilty and stuff. " Shawn says, moving away strands of hair from my face. " Can we go home now? " I ask softly. Shawn wipes away my tears and nods. He takes my hand tightly and leads me to the car.

***

Hello 💛

Oof schools over 😢 Idk i'm just gonna be really bored during summer break.

Thank you so much for reading!