32 : Pregnant ( Part 1 )

So, I was thinking of writing a pregnancy series cuz I'm OBSESSED with those, so here it is! 💛

***

Y/N's Point Of View

I sat on the bathroom floor, the sickness' aftertaste still in my mouth. I were still trying to figure out what had made me this sick. It was most likely all that fast food I was having lately. I sighed while rubbing my temples. What could it have been?

I get up to go wash my hands. I look in the mirror and almost feel surprised to look at my own reflection. I had bags under my eyes and my skin looked pale. What was making me feel and look this way? I brush it off. I must be getting sick. This Canadian weather was probably to blame here.

I go into my room and sit on my bed, counting the minutes until Shawn would come back from the studio. In this sick state, I felt that talking to him would make everything a bit better.

I pick up my phone, scrolling through Instagram, not having anything to do. Suddenly, I get a notification from Clue that my period is late. I freeze.

Am I pregnant?

I swallow nervously. It couldn't be. Me and Shawn were so careful. Thoughts rushed through my head at the speed of lightning. If I was pregnant, what were my parents going to say. What about Shawn's parents? What was Shawn going to say? What if he left me and I had to be a single mother?

I couldn't be pregnant. But a little part of me felt like I was. It would explain me throwing up all the time. I was always craving weird things and I had been getting a lot of mood swings lately.

I swallowed nervously. Maybe I should go get a pregnancy test. That would clear all the doubts. Nobody was home to question where I was going since my parents were out. I go over to my closet and take out one of Shawn's hoodies and some leggings and put them on. I put on my Uggs. I grab my phone, purse and keys, leaving the house and going into the cold winter afternoon.

-

I enter Shoppers Drug Mart with flushed cheeks. I move a strand of hair my face and walk towards the Family Planning aisle. On the way, I drop a few snacks into my basket. I reach the aisle and take a deep breath. I grab three pregnancy tests, just to be safe. I slowly walk over to the cash register, placing my items on the conveyor belt.

The cashier, a old lady with a bright smile, looks at me carefully. I awkwardly smile at her and look down at my purse, hurriedly trying to fish for some money. To be honest, I was feeling a bit ashamed to be buying pregnancy tests at sixteen. In a rush, I pay and mumble a quick 'thank you' and go back outside into the cold, bitter weather.

-

I go inside and quickly remove my Uggs and grab the pregnancy tests, not even caring about the snacks. I just needed to know if I had a baby growing inside of me or not.

I open the tests and take a deep breath. This was actually happening. I pee on the tests and carefully place them on the edge of the sink. I wash my hands and go inside my room, sitting down on my bed. I would have to wait for ten minutes to see the results. These would probably be the longest ten minutes of my life. I try cleaning my room, but I kept on thinking of the pregnancy tests. I was getting so anxious.

I look at the clock in my room. Ten minutes had passed. I slowly drag my feet to the bathroom and look in the mirror. This was it. These tests could potentially determine my future. I look down at the results.

They all had three lines on each.

Positive, positive, positive.

I pick up one of the tests and cover my mouth with my hand to stop a gasp.

I'm pregnant.

A sob escapes my lips as tears flow out of my eyes. What was Shawn going to say? I put the test down and place a hand over my stomach, gently rubbing circles. I was pregnant. What was I going to do? I still had to get through school. My parents might disown me. Was this reality?

I wipe away my tears as I hear heavy footsteps enter my home. I knew those footsteps. It was Shawn. "Babe?! I thought I would come over." He bellowed. I heard him come upstairs as I quickly hide the pregnancy tests in a random cabinet.

I splash some water over my face to wash away my tears and to look like I wasn't just recently crying. Shawn opens the bathroom door and sends me a warm smile. " Hello." He says sweetly. I flash a fake smile. I suddenly realized that Shawn was way to good at reading my face.

" What's wrong?" He asks in a worried voice. I swallow the lump in my throat and shake my head. " Nothing." I whisper. Shawn cups my chin in his hand, forcing my gaze to meet his.

" What's wrong?" He asks, almost demanding. My eyes get glassy and my vision gets blurry. " Baby, you can tell me anything, seriously." He whispers, engulfing me in a hug. I sniffle while burying my face into his chest. " Please. I don't wanna be around you knowing that your hurting." Shawn whispers.

I let a few tears slip out of my eyes. I release myself from the hug. I look up at Shawn, my bottom lip quivering from anxiety.

" I'm pregnant." I whisper while looking down at my feet. I break into sobs while shaking my head." I'm so sorry, Shawn. " I whisper again and again. Shawn wipes away my tears and I look at him. He was smiling.

He kisses me passionately while placing a hand tenderly on my stomach. I pull away from the kiss. Shawn had tears of happiness in his eyes. " You're not mad? " I whimper.

Shawn shakes his head. " Why would I be mad? I'm going to be a father! We're gonna have a mini you or mini me running around in our own home. I'm excited." Shawn gushed.

I smile at his reaction, but my happiness is quickly replaced with worry. " What about your parents? And my parents? " I ask, biting my bottom lip." My parents are going to be so happy, Y/N. Yeah, your parents might not be as happy at first. But I swear, I'll convince them." Shawn said, pecking my lips.

" Shawn, you won't leave me, right. " I ask cautiously. Shawn looked at me with a smile. "Never, baby, never." He said. I felt myself relax a bit at his answer. "But you're going to be away on tour and stuff, and I'm going to be at school and stuff. And-" Before I could finish, Shawn pressed his rosy lips onto mine.

" Lately, the only way I can shut you up is kissing you." Shawn joked. I playfully hit his arm and blushed.

" Everything will be fine. We'll get a babysitter. We'll both try our best. We have my mom and Aaliyah to take of our little one. We'll get our own apartment and everything's gonna be okay. " Shawn assured me.

" What if I'm not a good mother?" I ask worriedly. Shawn gazed at me affectionately." You're gonna be the best mother ever. I swear. " Shawn whispers. I smile at him.

" You're going to be the best father ever. " I say. Shawn blushes. He goes down onto his knees, his face near my stomach. He plants a kiss on my belly button and starts to talk.

" Hey little guy, or girl. Just wanted to let you know that mommy and daddy love you very, very much. We're so excited to see you. Your going to have the best grandparents ever. And your going to have an amazing aunty. Your going to have an amazing mother and father. Everyone's going to love you. " Shawn whispers. He seals the loving conversation with another kiss on my belly and looks up at me. My eyes were getting teary.

Shawn got up again and kissed me tenderly, his lips feeling like a feather on mine.

" Love you. " He mumbled with closed eyes. I rested my forehead on his.

" Love you too." I said.

***
Hello 💛

Hope you enjoyed this SoFt ImAgInE

Thank you so much for reading!