20: Cheating

Y/N's Point Of View

I turn off the television and plop onto the couch with my phone in my hand. Should I tell him? No, things were going so well between Chloe and Shawn. I didn't want to make a mess out of their relationship. Me and Shawn are friends, but secretly, I had the biggest crush. I wouldn't tell him because he was dating Chloe. As cliche as it sounded, every single time I was around him, I got butterflies in my stomach. Shawn made me happy. For a few days, I had thought that maybe he was in love with me too. But then he started to date Chloe, and Shawn looked so much happier. I wasn't jealous. I felt kind of incomplete. Like a part of me was missing, gone to someone else. I push my thoughts away for a moment and decide to tell Shawn exactly what had happened at the party.

Chloe was cheating on Shawn.

While me and my friends were at a club hanging out, I had seen Chloe dancing with another guy. It had almost been a week since I had seen the incidence take place. Mind you, Shawn wasn't around. This was going to break his heart. Should I tell him over the phone. No. I should tell him to come over and then tell him.

But this isn't even my business.

It is. I cared about Shawn. And if I don't let him know right now, and tell him when things get out of hand, then it wouldn't be a good situation. I dial Shawn's number and anxiously wait for his sweet voice to be heard on the other end. "Hey." Shawn's says. I swallow the lump in my throat. " Something wrong. You're calling me at, like, two in the morning." Shawn says groggily. " I just... Needed to see you.... Can I come over?" I ask trying to hide my nervousness. "Okay." Shawn reluctantly says. I hang up and quickly change into a hoodie and some sweatpants. I never cared about my appearance when it came to Shawn. But maybe it would matter someday.

Shawn's Point Of View

A knock on the door startled me a bit from my deep slumber. Y/N. I smile and bury my face in my pillow. I had such a big crush on her. And I hated myself for that. I always had to remind myself that I had a girlfriend. Me and Chloe were so cold to each other lately. But nobody ever noticed. Not even the nosy paparazzi. I get up from bed and rush over to the door. I open it, and see Y/N, looking extremely beautiful in cursory clothes. " Hi!" Y/N smiles. "Hey." she mumbles. I let her enter and she sits onto the couch. I take a seat beside her. I sit close enough for our thighs to touch, but far enough for us to not feel awkward. "Is there something you wanted to tell me?" She looks down at her fingers and starts to fidget. It as one of her habits that she never got rid of.

 "Seriously, I wanna know if something's bothering you. I could always help." I say gently. She nods and exhaled."You're right. I can tell you anything." Y/N turned to face me, but didn't look into my eyes. I pull up her face to make sure her gaze met mine. "What is it." I say trying not to rush her. " You know how me and Ashley were at the club downtown, right?" I nod. Why was she telling me something that happened almost a week ago? " Coincidentally, Chloe was there too." Y/N further says keeping her eyes on me. I feel my stomach drop the floor. " Yeah. "I whisper. Y/N looks at me with sympathy." Chloe was dancing with another guy. " Y/N whispers. Tears flood my eyes and slide down my cheeks. I let go of Y/N's chin and let the heartache pour out of me. Y/N moves towards me and wraps her delicate arms around my torso." Let it out." She mumbles. I let out a loud sob, and continue to cry into her shoulder.

Chloe cheated on me.

I thought she loved me. But apparently she didn't love me enough to not dance with another guy, that too, at a club where everyone is intoxicated. I felt stupid for putting all this effort into this relationship to find her cheating. I stop crying for a bit and Y/N releases me from the small hug. " I-I needed to tell you something." I say in a quiet tone. " What is it?" She asks in a comforting voice. " I kind of...". My sentence trailed off. Y/N looks at me intently. " I think I have a crush on you."  Y/N immediately looked at me with a bewildered expression." You do? " she stuttered. I nodded. She pulled me into a tight hug and fit her face into the crook of my neck. " I have a big crush on you too, Shawn. I just didn't tell you since you were already in a relationship." Y/N revealed. I smiled and backed away from her and planted a peck on her lips. She rested her forehead against mine. " I had the biggest crush on you. I didn't say anything because I thought it was some random feelings, and that I loved Chloe. But I was too stupid to realize that I actually loved you, Y/N."I said. Y/N blushed and so did I. Whatever I said was true. I loved her, not Chloe. I loved every single thing about Y/N, and nothing could change that.

***

Hello 💛

Hope you liked this imagine that I thought of just recently. Not my best but, but I have some better ideas.

Thank you so much for reading!