Chapter. 1

Smirk tugged into my lips as I felt stares I got from the people in the building. I miss this feeling when everyone looking at you with admiration, jealousy, and hate or everything at once. It was so long, feeling this thrill inside of me, and I couldn't hide how giddy I was. It was because of that they are staring at me.

Just walk. I urged myself.

Taking off my dark shades and putting inside of my dark blue stylish jacket pocket. Blinking a couple of times, adjusting to the bright light coming from the big windows I moved faster through glass doors, entering the hall. The only sound in the building was my black shining shoes hitting the dark wooden floor. God, it was too long since I step inside here. I thought as I scan empty halls with white walls covered in black and white pictures.

Oh, it looks like they didn't change anything at all.

I smiled widely, stopping in front of big wooden doors. Game on I muttered and knocked. I

heard Came in and I opened doors not waiting for anything.

"Welcome back Ms. Callahan." A deep, loud voice boomed inside of the spacious, modern room. My eyes fell on an older man with a tight-lipped smile on his face as he looked at me and back at his laptop. Jeez, does he ever not working?. "Sorry for cutting your vacation short."

"It's good to be back sir," I said scanning room, looking if anything changed, but no, everything was still the same. Down to ceiling windows overlooking a city skyscraper, black two seater sofas standing in the middle with glass coffee table near it. further to the room stood six seat circle glass table. With one last look, my eyes were back at the man in similar to my suit. "And don't worry, I missed being at work, sir."

"Good to know Miss." He motioned to the chair in front of his glass desk. "Please take a seat, we have a business to talk about."

I hummed and sat, unbuttoning my jacket. Running a hand through my short black hair I blew out a deep breath. Finally, I can't wait it hear what he has in store this time. Last assignment was bad enough to keep me bored, I mean, why does why thought it's a good idea to give me to look after the old lady who doesn't get out of the house? I hope he gives something good, something more blood pumping.

"Here, take this." He sticks his hand, giving a light brown envelope to me. I picked and start flipping through papers full of information about my new assignment. "I hope this keeps you busy enough." He let out a breathless laugh, making me cringe mentally.

Ew, gross.

"You want me to look after a teenage girl?" I asked amused looking at the light brown hair girl with striking green eyes photo who was captured in some party look alike. I looked at Mr. Sanders and back at papers, trying to figure out what happening right now. His face didn't show any trace of emotion. I swallowed hoping it's some kind of sick joke and he gave me a serious assignment where I need to protect something important.

"Yes, an old friend of mine asked personally my best agent I have in store to look after his problematic daughter." He spoked fixing his thick black glasses on his large nose. His deep brown eyes looked with a frown at me. "Believe me, Miss, I would give this case to someone else, but he asked for a best and you're the best in this company."

Old friend my ass. Money that makes you give me these ridicules assignments.

Why does he have to do so many favors to friends who have teenagers to keep safe from drinking at random parties and not important people who need real protection? My giddy mood from before was gone and moved by annoyed one, but I didn't show that on my face.

Keep it together, would you?

Andrea Harrington, I repeated to myself. Why does this name sound familiar yet unfamiliar at the same time? 21 years old, senior in the college in the business major. I gaze at random pictures of her in the street or in the coffee shops while laughing, talking with her friend group. I can't deny she's beautiful, but she also looks like a typical daddy girl who has everything on her plate.

Preppy, fancy dresses a shiny car who she changes every month, from same dirt made friends who came from privilege life like her. Great, my assignment couldn't get any better. It was my dream to look after whinny barbie.

I scanned pages further.

Nothing interesting. Apart from the random parties with her friend she doesn't have anything at all. A typical teenage girl who wants to enjoy her college time. I would gladly say no to this stupid assignment, however, I know I don't have a choice to pick assignment or not, it's always a yes no matter how much you don't like a suggested assignment.

"Okay, I'll do it," I spoke even if I know I don't have any other answer. I stood up and lifted my hands to fix my black tie, before sticking to Mr. Sanders. "Email me the address and every other information I need to know."

"Will do, don't worry. Have a good day Ms. Callahan." He nodded, firmly shaking my hand.

"You too Mr. Sanders."

I exited the room and let put breath I didn't know I was holding. I hate that man. He always thought we all are his puppets who do whatever he says and expect not to complain to him. I can't for my contract to end so I could move on with myself to another job. Just one more year and you're done.