Chapter. 27

Maverick POV

With my shaky fingers, I brushed against the leather wheel debating if I really should go inside of luxurious restaurant she chose. I should, I know I should. I don't she wouldn't let me live down and would constantly remind me of how ungrateful I am. That's a part why I never talk wither.

She doesn't understand when to stop.

I look through the busy street as people were walking from the workplace to have lunches or just randomly walking past.

I just drove Andrea to the university as she told she has two more classes and I should pick her up at a three... I have three more hours and I should go meet the woman who I have to call my mother, but somehow I never hold her my mother. Julia was more of a mother than she was from the start.

I saw my phone flashing Lacy name and message appeared. Where the hell are you? Mom is getting impatient... you should hurry before she's going to flip.

I rolled eyes and fixing my hair who I should cut because it getting too long and got out of the white car. Looking around I walk past doors and gave a nod to the host who just looked at the ground not daring look at me. Mom. Why does she always have to be so scary all the times? This poor girl just starts working here and already can't look me in the eyes.

I walked through the main floor to the second where was the private balcony, where we always have lunches when mom is in town to check on her business.

I spotted a young boy, probably a college student running out through the doors looking a little paler when he should. Perfect. Another one.

"I'm so sorry... miss..." He said as he almost knocks me over.

If I didn't know better I would yell at him, but I spent more time with Andrea I got soft and somehow lost my asshole tendencies. Not all, but most of them who I inherited from my mom.

"It's okay," I sighed straightening my jacket. "Could you please get me water?"

"Yes, of course." He nodded looking at the ground. "Anything else?"

"No, that's all. Thank you."

I nodded stiffly cursing myself from driving because I perfectly knew I would need alcohol to be able to stay whole lunch. I push doors open to the balcony where my mom sat with Lacy and at my surprised Natalie was sitting beside them and a guilty look in her eyes appeared as she met my eyes.

"Mother." I cleared throat clenching my jaw as I sat next to Lacy even perfectly knew my mom already was sending daggers to my side for not sitting beside Natalie.

"Always so formal." She chuckled lightly with underlying hint behind her laugh who she can fool most of the people but not me.

"So," I looked around with my eyes settling on my ex-wife who didn't know where to put her eyes. "Why am I Here?"

"Oh, darling. Patience is key to everything. Now tell me... how's life been treating you?" She raised her perfectly trimmed eyebrows as her blue eyes had a soft, yet threatening look.

"Cut a crap mom, why I am here and what is she doing here?" I hissed already feeling annoyed by her behavior.

I felt Lacy shifting uncomfortably in her seat and snickered, but she was able to hide before the mother would notice my younger sister was laughing at her. I was glad she was here... she's the only person from my dysfunctioning family could and always understood me.

That's why she chooses to live with me after her eighteenth birthday which was four years ago.

"Now dear, I suggest you look at your tone. I'm your mother and not banana peel you can step on." She hissed slowly with her eyes hastily dancing on my face. "She's your wife, for god sake."