Chapter. 18

With my hands still tangled into Maverick hair as I gaze through her shoulder with my eyes opened wide while I was frozen in place. I felt maverick hands moving on my waist and her lips didn't leave my neck not even for a second as she probably didn't hear a stranger talking inside my kitchen.

"Mave," I mumbled, but it sounded more like a moan, pushing Maverick slightly away earning a silent growl from her.

The green eyes woman awkwardly stood in the middle of the room looking everywhere, but at me. Maverick finally pulled away getting a hint from lack of my reaction and she looked back realizing we're not alone and cursed silently under her nose. If the situation would be different I would have a laugh, but a woman who is my mom is standing in the middle of the room while her daughter is having a hot make out with her bodyguard.

"I... I should go," Maverick muttered scratching her neck, but my instinct came in as my grip tightened around her not letting her move which only earns a very confused look from her.

"No... stay, please," I whispered slowly with my heart beating was as I saw her blue eyes softening as she moved closer to me shielding me away from possible danger who is my mom which was died apparently.

I don't wanna for Maverick to leave... somehow with her, I always feel at ease, like I don't have to worry about anything. Thought about someone else knowing about my sleeping with my bodyguard doesn't bother me right now... she doesn't know and if she does she wouldn't tell anyone... I don't think she would want for me to get in trouble... even if don't know anything about her.

And I don't really care if she knows I like girls or not... that's none of her business. But I think my dad would have told her, I mean, they looked close together in the restaurant. I wouldn't be surprised if they talk all those years and bother kept secrets from me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked loudly making an older version of myself flinch.

"I... your dad gave me an address... and I just wanted to talk."

Her voice was soft matching her pleading eyes. My heart filled with warmth and my confidence faltered a little, but as soon as I remembered who she is anger swapped into my blood again. She doesn't have the right to come to her and have a talk with me.

"We don't have anything to discuss." I snapped earning a soft hand squeeze from Maverick who made me at ease a little.

"Please, Andrea... just hear me out." She pleaded to step closer with her heels clicking at the floor. I can see her eyes flickering toward Maverick with a curiosity-filled eye, but she averted gaze back to me.

I close my eyes taking a deep breathe before I blinked and locked with concern blue eyes. I gave her a soft smile with a nod and she moved out of my way letting me jump of the counter and walk past an older woman to my study room. I didn't tell her anything, hoping she would realize to follow me.

I hope I'm doing a good thing.

Maybe I really need to hear her before I judge?

My heart was still hammering inside of my chest and the thoughts inside my head made me feel dizzy and I can already feel a headache start forming. I really need another drink I thought as I entered the spacious colorful room full of paintings hanging around with a single desk near the window who overlooked over the city who was now dark and gloomy as the rain fell on the windows making it feel more calming.

I ignored the stare at my back as I grabbed a bottle filled dad favorite whiskey and filled two glasses pushing one to a light brown haired woman. Her green eyes were not leaving my face as she looked like she still can't believe.