Chapter. 25

"So... That woman, is she really your mom?" Maverick asked as she sat next to me on the couch as I again watch tv.

It was after the dinner who Maverick cocked and it was actually good, I never pegged her as a someone who is in the kitchen, but it's win-win to me. I'm not going to starve to death.

I tore my gaze from tv and looked at the blue-eyed devil who was eyeing me curiously with her black hair falling on her forehead. The sunshine through windows straight at her face making it glow with light and her blue eyes reflecting that light took my breath away. I'm screwed. I'm really screwed. This girl is either going to be a death for me or the greatest decision in my life.

"Yup," I nodded looking at the tv screen again.

"How are you feeling about this?" She asked making me furrow eyebrows as I look up at her side again.

"Since when do we start talking about feelings?"

"Oh, C'mon, princess." She rolled her eyes with a small smile playing appearing in her lips. "I want to know you better... not This faced you put out and fool most of the people... but the real you." She mumbled slowly and I can feel my heart fastening its space.

My cheeks painted with light red color from her words. I never thought I would hear these words coming from her mouth. I didn't take my eyes not even for a second from hers not because I don't wanna, but because I can't.

Her eyes were so pulling and I fared she can what's it's running inside my mind.

I let out a yelp when I felt hands on my waist being placed and my body was lifted making me straddle Maverick legs. Her face was just inches away from mine and I needed to stop myself by not pulling her into the kiss, but I know I can't right now. If I do, I wouldn't stop and I know that the need to have this talk with each other... this suspense of not knowing where I stand is killing me.

"So?" She lifted her perfectly sculptured eyebrow.

"I don't really know... it's just, I never had mom, I mean, of course, I felt that hole inside of me and all, but as time passed I learned how to live with it... and, she's being here... I don't know, I think I still need to get that idea of her being alive." I rambled taking my eyes from her as I feared to look at them.

The fear of her seeing me talking about my feelings I kept even from my best friend scares me, but at the same time comforts me... she had something who makes me open up and that terrifies me.

The maverick grip tightened around my waist giving me strange comfort to my body. I sighed closing my eyes while enjoying feeling her being near me in a different way than sleeping. I actually don't remember since last time I had this near to being intimate... not by sleeping, but talking. Last was Josh, but he was a year and something ago, but again, he never really was here for me in a way I might want.

"Hey... look at me," she whispered softly putting a finger under my chin making me look at her blue eyes who were gazing at me softly. "I think all you need is time..."

"I guess." I nodded with a soft smile appearing on my face the one I couldn't hold back.

"You told, Sophie about us... what made you do that?"

"I don't like keeping things from my best friend." I simply shrugged placing hands on her shoulder and start playing with her hair.

I watch as her eyes hidden behind her eyelashes and she breathes out in anticipation before it opened making my breaths hitch in my throat. They were the lightest shade of blue and I can't remember if I even saw this shade even... it had something in them, but I still can't put a finger on it.